1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Properly Start Your Day At Every Walt Disney World Park

Discussion in 'Featured Articles' started by wdwmagic, Aug 23, 2016.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

By Brooke Schuldt, Aug 23, 2016
    WDWMAGIC Contributor

Opening the parks used to be easy. You’d show up and separate your family into groups, with some people running towards the FastPass machines for the most popular rides and the others grabbing a table at a breakfast restaurant or saving spots in line for a different ride. Once you agreed on your missions, you’d separate and run through the parks, hoping to get a coveted Toy Story Mania FastPass before they all sell out, which tended to happen as early as 10 minutes after park opening.

Now that Disney uses their new FastPass+ system, you have to schedule your passes weeks in advance, forcing you to give more thought to your morning instead of scheming up an itinerary on the way to the park. As a former cast member, I know that it is easiest to get thing done in the morning at Disney, when the lines are the shortest and there are typically less people in the park. That is why I created a fool-proof guide to opening every Walt Disney World park, so that you can get the right FastPasses for your family despite having to plan your morning weeks in advance.

There are three components to having a picture perfect park opening. You need to know when the opening show starts (if there is one), figure out which FastPasses to schedule at what time of day, and figure out where to eat breakfast that will both fuel you through your morning and put you as close to your first FastPass as possible. Read on to learn my tricks on how to get the most out of your mornings at Disney, so that you can fit in everything your family wants to see in one day with ease, no matter what time of year you visit.

Continue reading at http://www.wdwmagic.com/articles/23...-your-day-at-every-walt-disney-world-park.htm

2. worldfanatic

worldfanatic Well-Known Member

1. Sleep til 9
    2. Stumble into the bathroom for a couple of Advil
    3. Load your mug up with coffee and stumble further out to your resort's jacuzzi
    4. Drag yourself back to the room around 11 to shower & get dressed
    5. Have a table service lunch at your resort restaurant
    6. Grab a bus, boat or monorail to your chosen park and arrive just in time for your afternoon Fastpasses

Perfect start to the day!!!!!

3. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

You obviously don't have children, but it's a good plan other than that.

4. worldfanatic

Yes, I never really understood why people bring kids to WDW.
    Don't they have relatives who can watch them for a week or two?

5. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

Even if they did, the kids would just whine when they got the "My parents went to Disney World and all I got was this $%@#% T-Shirt".

worldfanatic likes this.
  6. worldfanatic

Lol.....that must be it.

Actually, I enjoy going with my nephew & niece, but only when their Mom or Dad are around. That way we can occasionally escape to one of those amazing Disney drinking holes.

Bulldog1653 likes this.
  7. yfd326

yfd326 Active Member

Sleep late....I'm on vacation. If I wanted to get up early....I'd go to work.

Been doing the Disney thing so long we have decided it is better to relax and enjoy the hotel and amenities they offer.

I'm not saying never get up early and run to a park. Just want to be relaxed doing it!

Deno likes this.
  8. Deno

Deno Well-Known Member

That's us! We sleep until around 11 on many days (well my wife and two boys do, and I wish I could too ;-) then either do something at the resort, go to a water park, get in the car and go explore etc. Have lunch in the meantime then hit the parks late afternoon until closing. To me, the evenings are the best, so much more 'magical'.

We sometimes do early mornings if we've had a previous early nights sleep but 12pm to 5pm is pretty much a 'no no' to us most days in any of the 4 parks. Way too hot for us in August which is when we have to go to WDW In the school holidays

yfd326 likes this.
  9. MichWolv

MichWolv Born Modest. Wore Off. Premium Member

I have children, and we do this many days, although we often eat our TS lunch at the park upon arrival. We love FP+ because we don't have to show up at park opening anymore, and we are naturally late sleepers.

rreading likes this.