How to join Partners FCU without being a CM: the process

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, your level of Disney geekery (and/or boredom) has reached a level you didn't think it could, and you decide, HEY! I want a debit card with the cool Disney font and permission to access literally three backstage areas (well, one - Disney University. The Disney Springs and South International Drive branches are open to the public). But you don't want to become a CM, because let's be honest, you enjoy playing in the parks, not working there (or in my case, you're on property often enough that doing some of your banking there makes sense). Well, good news friend, there's Partners FCU - the Cast Member Credit Union!

Here's how you do it!

1- Join the Disneyland Alumni Club. It's a $25 fee and ANYONE* can join. And it's a 501c3, so you get a tax write off for the donation!

2- Save your receipt. If you don't receive them, email the treasurer who can get you a copy. This happened to me.

3- Once you have your receipt, THEN apply for membership, Make sure to select "Employee of an Operating Participant / Other Company", then select "Disneyland Alumni Club", and include a screenshot of your profile page from the Disneyland Alumni Club as your "employee ID"

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 9.35.50 PM.png

4- Once you've submitted your application, wait a few days to be contacted by a Partners FCU rep. Because you're not a CM, they need to verify your membership manually. This is where the receipt comes in handy.

5- Offer to send in your receipt as part of the verification process, then email it to the person you've been in contact with.

6- If all goes well, you will be approved and will receive an email welcoming you to Partners FCU. In my case, it was about 8 days from start to finish, due to a weekend being in the middle, my work schedule taking up a lot of my time, and this being a test for me. But realistically, it could be from one day to another.

*the website makes several mentions about non-CM's being in the club, but doesn't specifically say non-former-CM's can or can't join. My status as a current or former CM was never asked.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
1- Join the Disneyland Alumni Club. It's a $25 fee and ANYONE* can join. And it's a 501c3, so you get a tax write off for the donation!
Update. This came in the mail today:

1680916135140.jpeg

So you also get a pin after joining the Disneyland Alumni Club.

Also, on the Partners FCU side, I have already received two letters from them. One account statement and another "your credit score at the time of application was..." type letter from a credit product I applied and was approved for.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Update. This came in the mail today:

View attachment 709274

So you also get a pin after joining the Disneyland Alumni Club.

Also, on the Partners FCU side, I have already received two letters from them. One account statement and another "your credit score at the time of application was..." type letter from a credit product I applied and was approved for.
Very cool!

Comped

My parents somehow got their car loan through Partners, despite no-one in the family being CMs. Even the salesman said he was confused about it because he'd never seen that before. So I guess that's an option, theoretically, if you have a good enough credit rating?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
My parents somehow got their car loan through Partners, despite no-one in the family being CMs. Even the salesman said he was confused about it because he'd never seen that before. So I guess that's an option, theoretically, if you have a good enough credit rating?
I've heard that this is a possibility, but with how bad rates are right now, I'm keeping my cars.

Brian

Partners isn't that special. Your local credit union likely has competitive rates and service. The only advantage to joining is, as mkt indicated, if you want to be part of the "Disney bank" (which is actually a credit union).

Great "hack" for those who wish to join, though.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Partners isn't that special. Your local credit union likely has competitive rates and service. The only advantage to joining is, as mkt indicated, if you want to be part of the "Disney bank" (which is actually a credit union).

Great "hack" for those who wish to join, though.
Everything you've said is 100% correct.

justguzman25

Joined Disney Alumni Club in hopes to get an account. Funny enough I actually am a former CM but Partners has told me in the past that I need to be current CM to qualify. Hoping this “hack” helps me get an account.

How is the bank overall? Service, mobile app, online banking etc?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom