How to get the Kitchen Sink?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Hi everyone

I'm going to WDW in end-September/early-October, and I'd really like to try the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream this time around.

However, it appears that the place is fully booked for lunch every single day. We're not really interested in lunch, just the Kitchen Sink, so is there a way to bypass this problem? Or any other tips?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No way around it being you can't get the huge original Kitchen Sink to go. You would need a reservation being the dining area is very small. You could try being a walkup but not guaranteed you will get a table and if you do you may have a long wait. ;)

Tuvalu

You can get a (much) smaller version of the Kitchen Sink at the take-out window (comes in a plastic Mickey pants container.) But for the original you must be seated in the restaurant as @sxeensweet said.

sxeensweet

You can get a (much) smaller version of the Kitchen Sink at the take-out window (comes in a plastic Mickey pants container.) But for the original you must be seated in the restaurant as @sxeensweet said.

And to add if they want to know , the much smaller version is also available at Plaza Ice Cream parlor in MK. ;)

daringstoic

Just keep checking for cancellations. I found late ones (10-11 pm) there for three separate days a couple weeks before the trip I just returned from. If you don't already have the app on your phone, download it. I find it a lot easier to check with that than to try to book on the website.

sxeensweet

Just keep checking for cancellations. I found late ones (10-11 pm) there for three separate days a couple weeks before the trip I just returned from. If you don't already have the app on your phone, download it. I find it a lot easier to check with that than to try to book on the website.

Yep agree keep checking often up until your desired day. ;)

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Are you flexible in your plans to go there for dinner or another time of day?

Somewhat, but since it looks huge, we need to have sufficient room in our bellies and since we're on the Deluxe Dining Plan, it's important we spread out the meals :)

Yup, I'm doing that :) But ok, maybe I should start checking for late-night spots!

slappy magoo

Sad boy alert! - Last time I went to WDW, my wife and kids were exhausted one night, but I wasn't. So I went to Epcot to check out RoE, then instead of just going back to the resort, I walked over to Beach Club (having parked in that lot anyway), and had dinner for one at Beaches and Cream. Being solo, I was able to eat the counter, no wait. So the counter is a possibility, just not a strong one, especially depending on the size of your party and how amenable they are to sitting next to each other side by side versus a table.

JusticeDisney

I wouldn't worry at all about the lack of reservations. I have walked in without one and been seated within 20 minutes many different times. This is especially so if you are willing to sit at the counter. IMO, don't wait until 10:40 PM to go, just walk in at a more convenient time for you and your family.

Oh, and trust me, the kitchen sink is phenomenal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom