How to get from Disney Resort to Florida buses?

DisneyBaby823

Original Poster
Does the Disney Magic let you out at requested spots?
We will not be renting a car this time and want to use the Disney Magic. But if the Disney Magic takes you right from the resort to the parks then how would we get to the main roads to catch the Florida buses so we can tour the area?

DisneyJoe

Are you asking about Disney's Magical Express? That takes you from the airport to your Disney Resort hotel. There may be a few other Disney hotel stops on the way, but it only goes to Disney resorts, not the parks.

If you then want to tour areas outside of Disney property, you would either take a taxi, or find a stop for the Florida Lynx bus service, which I believe stops near Downtown Disney.

DisneyBaby823

Original Poster
No, no, I wanted to know how I could get from the Disney resort to the main roads where I could catch the Lynx buses. Would we have to walk all the way from our resort to where the nearest Lynx bus is... we'd like to get to International Drive.

ratherbeinwdw

I don't think there are any Lynx stops anywhere near a Disney resort other than maybe across from DTD. I have seen on this site where people talk about catching a Lynx bus somewhere close to DTD to go to Universal. A taxi from your resort will probably be your best bet.

Weather_Lady

According to some of the Lynx resources I've seen, Lynx buses travel to the WDW Transportation and Ticket Center and some other on-property destinations. I'd call Lynx directly if you want to be sure the information is up-to-date, and to find out whether there is service to your resort.

http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/rou..._1_1=showPublicPosting&calendar_entry_id=2201

Also, just for future reference: Disney's Magical Express is the bus service that travels between Orlando International Airport and Disney resorts. Disney World Bus Service is a separate, internal bus service which transports guests staying on Disney property from their resorts to the parks, water parks, and/or Downtown Disney and back again. Disney Magic is the name of a Disney Cruise Line cruise ship. Disney really needs to put out a dictionary to keep track of all its terminology! :)

Last edited:

sjhym333

You may find that the Lynx bus may not be the most convenient way to get to International Drive. You may want to think of catching a cab. International Drive is about a 15 min drive from Disney but could take an hour or more by bus.

HollyAD

Yes, they will bus you from a Disney resort to all Disney parks and Downtown Disney. They do not have buses that take you anywhere but their own property.

On another note - I'm confused. Does Disney not transport you to their parks when you're staying at their resorts?

Disney4family

We've taken the Lynx from the TTC to Sea World. It was easy and cheap and the drivers help you. We looked online before our trip, saw the schedule and decided to take the Lynx back from Sea World to Downtown Disney for dinner that night. No worries or problems.

CheshireCat12

I also have taken the Lynx ($2 pp each way) to SeaWorld- it was a 20 min. ride from DTD. They pick you up across the street from the DTD Marketplace bus area. Super easy.

Pghdrumr

Lynx has a few stops in WDW. I know one is the TTC. We have used Lynx many times, and find it very user friendly and inexpensive

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom