1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Donate Pins

Discussion in 'Disney Merchandise, Pin Trading & Collectibles' started by zengoth, Mar 11, 2017.

1. zengoth

zengoth Active Member

I hope this doesn't get mis-interpreted as "pin trading"
    I just would like to know the best way to "donate" a large collection.
    Seems sad just to send them to goodwill.

What is the best/proper protocol?

2. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a protocol for donating pins. If you give them to Goodwill there is a chance they will be sold in the stores and in turn, Goodwill gets money. Or you could try to sell them on Ebay and then donate the money to your favorite charity. Maybe donate them to a children's hospital and maybe they can give them to the kids?

How big this is collection and why the urge to "donate" them somewhere?

3. zengoth

zengoth Active Member Original Poster

It's only about 100.
    PinMania over the last 12 years got out of hand and now I am a part of the "downsizing" movement.
    eBay is too much trouble, in my estimation, for a one time thing. I like the children's hospital idea - if I had a lot of plush to give away - not sure if pins is appropriate.

But I appreciate the brainstorm.

4. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

Have you tried asking around at church or work? There is always somebody who is going to Disney that may help take them off your hands. Or if you live close enough spend an afternoon at Disney Springs handing them out to the kids. Its fun to see the smile on the kids faces when they get something like that and then go have a nice dinner afterward.

5. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the whole pin thing just got out of control both the amount of pins and the cost of both the regular pins and the enormous special editions. I don't think I've bought a pin in the last few visits.