How To Convince Fiance To Go To WDW

Incomudro

Some advice:
Pick a resort on property a moderate like Port Orleans, where you can utilize say a boat ride into Downtown Disney.
If you can afford a deluxe resort, go with one like Beachclub which will allow you access into Epcot and Hollywood studios.
Doing this will give you a much better Disney experience than taking a rental car into the parking lot, and going back to your off site hotel each night.
Go in the off season - if you can. more pleasant temperatures, cheaper rates, and smaller crowds all add up to a much more pleasurable experience.

TARDIS

lol well then we are weirdos because we got married and honeymooned there. Yes there a lot of kids and kids themed attractions, most of our fun was trying all the different kinds of restaurants and drinks available while enjoying our time together. Its fun to let loose and be a kid again! Since he's not into the idea though, do a Florida/beach honeymoon with maybe a day or two at Disney.(he may enjoy Epcot)

GlassHalfFull

I LOVE going to WDW.. LOVE IT.. but I am not 100% sold on it being a great Honeymoon location, especially for 2 people where 1 in the party may or may not be open to giving it a fair shot right away..

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I have a BLAST every time we go, and some of our most memorable events have happened there.. but IMO the Honeymoon should be about enjoying each other and growing together.. spending time alone, and spending time experiencing things together to help relax after a very busy and tiring wedding season.

For our honeymoon we would do a day alone together around the resort, then a day of out of resort experiences, and it was a perfect opportunity to rest and really just enjoy each others company.

I have seen how much sometimes a whining kid has ruined trips for people who are just standing by. Or an unexpected long wait or 2, or 6, can ruin a persons first trip to where they don't ever care to go back(don't want to throw away that vacation spot for the rest of your life do you). I am not sure bringing them to WDW when it's already a touchy subject, will be a good idea. Seems like a recipe for disaster.. Fiance + screaming kids + expensive trip they may or may not love(I know they will if they are open about the kid and adult things that WDW offers) = 1-2 weeks into a marriage having a big What the French moment..

Start the marriage off right and I think the Hawaii or France idea is by far the best one out there.. and then a trip to WDW can come at a later point when said fiance has opened up the mind about the wonders of WDW.

I'm at the point I just hope when I have kids they love it as much as I do, and they want to go as often as I do.

slipperalwaysfits

I agree with visiting for a short trip ahead of time. Get him in the Disney spirit then if he agrees to a honeymoon, go ahead and book more expensive and special trip additions (like spa appointments, fancier dinners, deluxe resort, etc.)
If Disney World isn't exactly his idea of a honeymoon but you still want to incorporate some Disney into the mix, why not try Aulani in Hawaii, a Disney Cruise, or even Paris and visiting Disneyland Paris for a day or two? :inlove:

Best of luck! I'll be planning my honeymoon shortly too! :)

I married into a Disney family, had never been before my then-boyfriend convinced me to go. I'm open-minded in general, so I went with no expectations and absolutely LOVED ALL of WDW!!! That said, I refused to go for our honeymoon. We decided Disney magic in Hawaii would be wonderful! We trust the Disney brand to bring us a magical, relaxing experience at Aulani, where we can enjoy our time together and not be rushed. As great as WDW is, we usually find ourselves constantly on-the-go.

Is your bf anti-Disney or just not wanting to go there for the honeymoon? If he's anti-Disney in general, you have bigger problems, but if he just doesn't want to honeymoon there, I totally see where he's coming from.

BASS

Ultimately, the honeymoon will be something both of you will remember forever. If he's not into the idea, then you should find another spot both of you can agree on.

Or, find a way to weave it in where it's not the main attraction. For example, if he wants to do a cruise, you could probably stop in Disney for a couple days on your way down to a cruise in the Caribbean.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and had a blast. It was a compromise of sorts, I wanted to get married in Disney and he wanted to get married in a church. So we got married in a church and went to WDW for the honeymoon. He had only been there twice and had only an okay time (he went with people who didn't want to ride the attractions but wouldn't agree to split up so he could), but by the end of our honeymoon he saw the light. The only thing he hated was wearing the Mickey grooms ear's, they didn't really fit his head, but he was a good sport about it anyway.

We also went the last week of June and through July 4th. To be honest the crowds and the children didn't bother us. They still don't we don't really pay attention to others on vacation (I don't mean we are rude or anything) but if someone is flippin' out or having a tantrum, we just move on.
2005 WDW Honeymoon (10).JPG

Sonconato

Disney will not be for everybody but you will never know until you go. My husband had a colleague that went one time and it simply wasn’t for he and his family. However, there are many very well-known adults that love Disney. For example, we personally have seen Michael Jackson, Julius Irving, Pierce Brosnan, Stedman Graham and Brooke Lopez walking around. We were just talking to one of the managers at EPCOT that mentioned there are frequent visitors that he sees from the sports world, like Mike & Mike, as well as some players he listed. He also mentioned that John Travolta is a frequent visitor. In fact, we had heard that there are a good number of basketball players buying in Golden Oaks. Check this article out on Brooke Lopez:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/disney-world-is-brook-lopez-s-fantasyland-1.11267235

If this weren't a place for adults, what attracts these celebrities? I agree with those that have suggested to take a quick trip, but I also think he shouldn’t write it off as a place for kids only until he tries it first. If you find it isn’t for him, then maybe a honeymoon there isn’t the best idea.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

I notice that the original poster has basically fled the interview and has never returned.

Possibly because she was instructed to dump her fiancée (!!) or to just go where he wants? I dunno. Just wondering out loud. Maybe it was just Katiebug messing with us again.

21stamps

I notice that the original poster has basically fled the interview and has never returned.

Possibly because she was instructed to dump her fiancée (!!) or to just go where he wants? I dunno. Just wondering out loud. Maybe it was just Katiebug messing with us again.

Maybe she just wants to read the responses and not provide us with any more insight into the matter? Guessing..but I'm hoping she read answers to her own question.

Also hoping that she doesn't dump fiancé or go only where he wants..lol

Adam Snider

I'm 22 and love it. It's a place where there are no judgments. Maybe if he likes Star Wars mention the Star Wars launch bay at Hollywood studios. Or if he likes roller coasters really sell rock n rollercoaster or Everest. What kind of things does he like? There is something for everyone there

GlassHalfFull

I'm 22 and love it. It's a place where there are no judgments. Maybe if he likes Star Wars mention the Star Wars launch bay at Hollywood studios. Or if he likes roller coasters really sell rock n rollercoaster or Everest. What kind of things does he like? There is something for everyone there

You failed to mention a huge sector of the WDW populations favorite part... Alcohol, and fireworks..

Incomudro

A couple could quite easily honeymoon at a deluxe level resort (if it fits the budget) in the off season when the crowds are smaller and find it quite romantic.
You don't have to run around through all the parks a peak times trying to get on rides, there's a lot more to do.
You can do the couple thing around the hotel, the restaurants of the Word Showcase...

Wendy Pleakley

I always assume the honeymooning couples at WDW in their wedding Mickey ears are there because they were both Disney nuts all along.

I would not choose a Honeymoon spot where either party is not excited by it. Yes, maybe he will "see the light" and enjoy it, but why risk it?

Which is not to say a Florida honeymoon with a few days at WDW wouldn't be a bad compromise.

As far as convincing someone to go to WDW, for a honeymoon or in general. Start by asking them what they want out of a vacation. Do they like activities, or prefer relaxing on a beach. Is eating good food a priority?

It's easy enough to list off some adult activities at WDW, but it would be more effective knowing what the individual in question wants out of a honeymoon, and tailoring the responses accordingly.

Chrisp3344

As a guy I understand your situation. However my wife and I did go to Disney for our honeymoon. What better way to celebrate growing up then by being a kid for a week. Who doesn't like fireworks, shows, dinners, if you wear your buttons people congratulating you. The staff goes out of their way for you. There is food for every taste at Epcot. You can eat in France under the Eiffel Tower, a dinner show in Germany. Walk the board walk and eat at ESPN (the washrooms have sports on). You can feel like a princess him a prince. You go to magic kingdom to be a kid during the day. Then Epcot for dinner to be grown ups if you want. He has to look at Disney with a broader brush. You'll convince him you'll both have a blast and like my wife and I 17 years later are going back for our 7 trip the last 5 with our kids and everyone is around the time of our anniversary.. yes we bore the kids with we ate here or this wasn't' wasn't around but for us it's just like the day we were married.

Good luck and congratulations!!

Paul Wilson

Just some advice I used the first time my DW went to WDW with me: When a person thinks WDW is for kids, do the parks in this order: first Epcot, then Animal Kingdom, then Studios, last Magic Kingdom. Immerse them in the magic in stages. The lady who originally thought WDW was for kids wanted to go back in October for MNSSHP specifically to ride Dumbo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom