How To Convince Fiance To Go To WDW

Kayla Herrera

Original Poster
My fiance thinks that Disney World is just for kids. What kinds of things can I tell him to convince him it's not just for kids and that people won't think we're weird for wanting to go to WDW for our honeymoon? I've seen the various bars and nightclubs, but is there anything else about Disney World that might say hey it's not just for little kids? Maybe if he sees other people talking about it, it will convince him.

21stamps

Not exactly an answer to your question, but..Maybe do a Disney trip before the wedding..and then decide if you guys want to do it for your honeymoon.

As for what you can say to him-
Disney is not just for kids..or little ones at least, we're all still kids at heart! I don't think we ever truly outgrow WDW. :)
Do you guys golf? You could tell him about the courses there.

Disney Stine

I agree with visiting for a short trip ahead of time. Get him in the Disney spirit then if he agrees to a honeymoon, go ahead and book more expensive and special trip additions (like spa appointments, fancier dinners, deluxe resort, etc.)
If Disney World isn't exactly his idea of a honeymoon but you still want to incorporate some Disney into the mix, why not try Aulani in Hawaii, a Disney Cruise, or even Paris and visiting Disneyland Paris for a day or two? :inlove:

Best of luck! I'll be planning my honeymoon shortly too! :)

NeedMoreMickey

First thought was dump him. If you can't afford a trip try looking on YouTube for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios videos. I've been to WDW over 25 times and I don't have kids. About 1/4 of the trips were with entire family so we did have kids but my husband and I always find the two of us are some of the best times. Skip the MK and drink around the world in Epcot. Disney Springs looks great now. If he like to fish he can go out on the lake or play golf.

BuddyThomas

My fiance thinks that Disney World is just for kids. What kinds of things can I tell him to convince him it's not just for kids and that people won't think we're weird for wanting to go to WDW for our honeymoon? I've seen the various bars and nightclubs, but is there anything else about Disney World that might say hey it's not just for little kids? Maybe if he sees other people talking about it, it will convince him.
Show him my trip reports, LOL.

mouse_luv

Here's advice from a female that had the same issue 7 years ago. I convinced him to go by talking to and showing him things that I knew he would like/be interested in there. Plus, he knew how much I loved WDW so he agreed to go two years into our relationship and he's hooked now lol, we're going on our 3rd trip together very soon. :D Good luck OP!

Gurt

The 1st time I went with my BF he wasn't convinced Disney would be his type of thing, he loved it on our way out of MK on our last day he asked me when we could go back, we delayed buying our 1st house for a year so we could go back last year before we are mortgaged up! So try and show him the 'adult' things to do, maybe tell him if he really hates it you won't make him go again then he can love it once he has been, is he into Star Wars, you could you tube HS videos.

sophie_the_pooh

Show him pictures, menus and reviews of nice restaurants, have him watch youtube videos of attractions like Expedition Everest, Tower of terror, etc. I agree with the idea of a short trip before picking your honeymoon destination, so he can see the magic for himself!:)

danyoung56

I've had the pleasure of taking work friends to WDW over the years. Almost every time they go in kicking and screaming, and finish the day by saying "now I get it". It's not solely about the rides, although they're unique and fun. It's about the food, the booze, the décor, the people watching, the landscaping - it's about the vibe of being there. Sounds kinda wishy-washy, but it's the kind of thing that you need to experience before you can appreciate it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a thread on another Disney fan site a while back about whether finding out a potential spouse did not like Disney parks would be a deal breaker for the relationship or not. It was a very interesting and at time heated discussion.

KBLovedDisney

Back in 2012, my DH (who was only fiance at the time), was severely skeptical about going. However, I expressed so much love and desire for the place that he agreed to take a trip to WDW with me. A little background, my DH is a very serious guy at times and is very mature (Old School). BUT, took him to WDW once in 2012...the man is hooked just like me. The last trip we took was a 2 day for my birthday last year and let me tell you, he was planning the next trip while we were on the birthday trip!! I would tell your fiance that he really doesn't know what it is like being there. It puts a person in a completely different state and peace of mind. Tell him to just try it. Go there with no expectations but to remain open-minded.

KBLovedDisney

Back in 2012, my DH (who was only fiance at the time), was severely skeptical about going. However, I expressed so much love and desire for the place that he agreed to take a trip to WDW with me. A little background, my DH is a very serious guy at times and is very mature (Old School). BUT, took him to WDW once in 2012...the man is hooked just like me. The last trip we took was a 2 day for my birthday last year and let me tell you, he was planning the next trip while we were on the birthday trip!! I would tell your fiance that he really doesn't know what it is like being there. It puts a person in a completely different state and peace of mind. Tell him to just try it. Go there with no expectations but to remain open-minded.
Oh and I agree that you need to take a short trip first before trying to convince him of honeymooning there.

21stamps

Dump him now. If he's this close minded about something this harmless that you love, what else will he find to not like later.
Don't shoot me for this.. I love Disney, but wouldn't choose it for my honeymoon. Trips as a couple or maybe even an anniversary, sure.. but I'd rather not be around children at all on my honeymoon...or at least not surrounded by them...or a bunch of rude stressed out adults.lol. I'd rather be on a beach with a coconut filled with rum in my hand, or having a glass of wine in Europe.
Someone mentioned Paris and doing a day at Disney..that's a great idea.

I want to add that I have done couples trip to Disney and they've been great- with the focus on Epcot...and we did part of my month long 30th bday celebration at IoA. I definitely think those trips are great as adults only...I just wouldn't want to start my marriage off with a place where my new spouse didn't want to go.

OP- if he doesn't like it- perfect excuse for girls trips :). My husband was an avid golfer, I have no desire to golf. His golf trips were my time to book a Caribbean trip with my girlfriends. Worked out perfectly. I think it's ok for couples to have different interests. Still do a trip before the wedding so he can make an informed decision though. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom