How strict are restaurants on reserved seat numbers?

Indiana Stone

Original Poster
I have been trying to secure a table for five at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop but have only been able to book one for four on the day we wanted. There will be three adults and two young children (4 and 6). If all five of us decide to show up for this reservation will they allow us to sit at a table of four with the youngest child on one of our laps?

dreamfinder

Hard to say. If they are at or near fire code limits, IE every table is seated to it's proper allotment, then most likely won't let you do it. If you are going from a party of 3 to a party of 4 it's usually much easier to accommodate as you are still using a 4 top, that is allocated 4 seats. But 4 to 5 is a different beast.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They can do 4 or 6 because there tables hold a max of 4. And they have 2 person size tables. For parties of 5 at BAC someone would take up a whole 2 or 4 person table to combine with another and there is maybe 10 give or take a few more tables in there max. Many have been told they don't take parties of 5 there. Do a table for 2 and 3 if you can to get around this. This is the only restaurant that usually does not do a party of 5 being its tiny inside with very few tables to waste so they rather not just seat 1 person at an extra table. Just like 9 is hard there too for the same reasons but yet 10 is not as hard.
And sorry to ramble but hope that made sense. Also no you need the correct party number when booking so don't do a 4 or 6 booking. Like I mention just do a 3 and 2 at similar time and ask them to seat you together. :)

hanwill

Also keep in mind, there are only three booths and not many more tables than that... I think when it was built, they never anticipated that level of popularity...

Indiana Stone

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your responses. I hadn't originally planned to visit here which means I didn't get an ADR at the start of my window. Its my sons 4th birthday that day and he loves ice cream (not cake) so I thought this might be a good place to take an afternoon break from Epcot. Worst case scenario if they don't allow all five of us in we could still get a sundae from the "on the go" window. I will try the 2 and 3 seating reservations though.

HurricaneHanna

Thanks everyone for your responses. I hadn't originally planned to visit here which means I didn't get an ADR at the start of my window. Its my sons 4th birthday that day and he loves ice cream (not cake) so I thought this might be a good place to take an afternoon break from Epcot. Worst case scenario if they don't allow all five of us in we could still get a sundae from the "on the go" window. I will try the 2 and 3 seating reservations though.
Since you're comfortable with just using the "to go" option if you can't get a reservation at B&C, keep in mind that there is also a newly opened ice cream parlor on the opposite side of the lake by Boardwalk Inn called Ample Hills Creamery. Reviews have been positive. They specialize in unique ice cream flavors and offer cones, sundaes, and milkshakes.

NeedMoreMickey

I think 5 can fit in a booth we had 3 adults and 3 teenagers. Try making reservation for 6 and see if that works. In the past I've tried making reservations for 3 no luck but changed it to 4 and got a table

daisyduckie

Keep checking if you can get an ADR that will seat all of you. You really don't want to show up with more people than you have accounted for, and risk being turned away, or having to pick who sits outside instead of eating. I'm pretty sure too that if they can't sit you all and you decide to walk away they still will charge you the no show fee.

BrianV

Keep checking if you can get an ADR that will seat all of you. You really don't want to show up with more people than you have accounted for, and risk being turned away, or having to pick who sits outside instead of eating. I'm pretty sure too that if they can't sit you all and you decide to walk away they still will charge you the no show fee.

I don't know. The no show fee would be hard to enforce if you actually do show. I'd be interested to see the fine print.

HurricaneHanna

I'm not sure if they charge the no show fee if you show up with the wrong number of people but I have seen people turned away when they've shown up with a larger party than the reservation is for. By turned away, I mean they were given the option of having only the reserved number of people enter the restaurant or declining the table all together.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't know. The no show fee would be hard to enforce if you actually do show. I'd be interested to see the fine print.
As long you show up for the ADR, you will not be charged. We decided against eating at a restaurant due to a menu change and were not charged the no-show fee. If you explain why you are declining the ADR, management has the discretion to void the no-show fee.

Indiana Stone

Original Poster
I am still actively looking to get seating for five, but as many have indicated it is difficult at Beaches and Cream due to the small capacity and table arrangements. My mother in law is the third adult so she may even wish to stay and shop in World Showcase while we take this detour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom