How Often is Fantasmic! Canceled During the Summer (Hurricane Season)?

Weather_Lady

We booked a Fantasmic! dining package for our upcoming visit in August (despite 5 or 6 Disney World trips, we've actually never seen the WDW version!), but I'm having second thoughts. I know from experience that August can be a very stormy/rainy month, and of course, if WDW cancels the show for any reason, the dining package will not be refunded even in part, and we'll have paid an extra $80 or so for nothing.

Is it just too risky to bother with the dining package in the summer months? I know that we can theoretically cancel the dining package up to 2 hours before our scheduled dinner (~6pm), but it's unlikely Disney would announce a Fantasmic! cancelation early enough for us to do that.

I've looked online for calendars or blogs that keep track of when Fantasmic! is canceled, but have had no luck, so I have no idea if it's a rare occurrence or not. Any thoughts/experiences you can share would be appreciated.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Agree with Tuvalu. We’ve done the package many times because it worked for us with DW w/c but your seating isn’t a premier spot. You are further back with a more unobstructed view and are less crammed in as the other rows are which is some kind of an advantage. For the risk of being rained out and loss of money, I might pass.
In the many Fantasmic shows we’ve booked , we lost out only once.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Agree with Tuvalu. We’ve done the package many times because it worked for us with DW w/c but your seating isn’t a premier spot. You are further back with a more unobstructed view and are less crammed in as the other rows are which is some kind of an advantage. For the risk of being rained out and loss of money, I might pass.
In the many Fantasmic shows we’ve booked , we lost out only once.
We were seated in the “splash zone” with a dining package. It’s the whole of those middle sections that are reserved, from the front rows all the way back.

But we’ve only used it once during the summer, the other times were over Christmas / New Year

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Rainy season has two elements. April, May, June you get rain most days. There are the certain windows where the stars align and you could experience a few days (even a week at times) of pure sunshine. During these months usually it hits for a brief period, maybe a few hours usually in the afternoon/early evening.

Your July, August, September, early October rains are usually Tropical systems. They can hang around for a couple of days.

So there really is no way to predict it. But based on my own personal experience I’ve found poncho/umbrella weather more during my Memorial Day visits as opposed to my Labor Day ones. If there are no active systems, it’s unbearably hot and ridiculously humid. Which poses its own unique set of issues.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom