How much would people pay for a TSMM FP?

How much would people pay for a TSMM FP?

• $0 - Nobody would buy them

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Less than $1 per FP

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • $1 to $5 per FP

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • $6 to $10 per FP

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • $11 or more per FP

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
Toy Story Midway Mania! (TSMM) in Disney's Hollywood Studios is an extremely popular attraction. Its Standby Wait Time is often 120 minutes or longer.

Disney's FASTPASS (FP) service allows people to skip the Standby line, greatly reducing the wait time for attractions.

If Disney began selling Fast Passes (FP) for TSM, what do you think other people would be willing to pay for them?

Edit: When answering this question, please consider that the question is not what "you" would pay, it's what "people" would pay.

Think of all those families spending all that money on all those things Disney sells. Please see my two "Joe Tourist" posts below for an example.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
Totally agree with the post above. With FP+ I would be surprised if Disney charged more for E ticket fast passes than other FPs
The question is not what Disney would charge, it's what would people pay?

People pay $12.95 for a scrap of metal called a pin.

People pay $7 for a piece latex filled with helium called a balloon.

People pay $34.95 for a breakfast they could get offsite for $5.95.

People pay $400/night for a room at a Deluxe Resort, a nice place to sleep and shower.

Minimum wage is $7.25/hour.

A TSMM FP could save people two hours or more of precious park time.

Yet people already are voting that others would pay nothing (the "$0 - Nobody would buy them" option) for a TSMM FP.

Interesting.

copcarguyp71

For a ride that has broken down every time we were on it or online for it...absolutely nothing! I am so done with this jalopy of an "E" ticket and would rather ride the great movie ride that even though it is stale does not break down every 20-30 minutes.
At least this has been my experience with the attraction. One less pleeb in line to take up precious space.

Britt

REALLY good points!!!

I do believe people would pay upwards of $5 per pass, to forgo 2 hours of wait time. I personally would never pay it, but it wouldn't surprise me at ALL!

Californian Elitist

Really. You'd rather stand in line for 2 hours than pay even $1 to skip the line?

Maybe you just don't like TSMM? Maybe you personally find the idea of paying for a FP offensive?

However, the question is not what would you pay, it's what would people pay?

You mean all those hundreds of people standing for 120 minutes in the Standby line wouldn't even pay $1 to skip the line? Is that realistic?

I sure would. I had to pay to get in, and I refuse to pay for a FP to get on the rides. I love TSMM, but I'm not paying for a FP to experience it.

I'm sure lots of people would pay for a FP. I'm just not one of them. I was speaking on my own behalf.

awoogala

Toy Story Midway Mania! (TSMM) in Disney's Hollywood Studios is an extremely popular attraction. Its Standby Wait Time is often 120 minutes or longer.

Disney's FASTPASS (FP) service allows people to skip the Standby line, greatly reducing the wait time for attractions.

If Disney began selling Fast Passes (FP) for TSM, what do you think people would be willing to pay for them?
ok, I said $0. Fun ride, but we can play almost the whole thing at home on our wii. But I didn't agree with "no one would buy them" Six flags charges for a fp, and they sell enough. I am sure someone would pay for fp.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
I sure would. I had to pay to get in, and I refuse to pay for a FP to get on the rides. I love TSMM, but I'm not paying for a FP to experience it.

I'm sure lots of people would pay for a FP. I'm just not one of them. I was speaking on my own behalf.
Great, so let's talk about "Joe Tourist".

Joe Tourist visits his travel agent to book a WDW vacation for his family. His travel agent says, "Disney is offering this new ticket that lets you skip the line at Toy Story Mania. Your children are young and will love the attraction. However, if you don't buy this ticket, you'll probably have to stand in line for two hours or longer. If you buy this ticket, you'll only have to wait a few minutes."

How much will Joe Tourist be willing to pay for this ticket?

awoogala

Joe Tourist visits his travel agent to book a WDW vacation for his family. His travel agent says, "Disney is offering this new ticket that lets you skip the line at Toy Story Mania. Your children are young and will love the attraction. However, if you don't buy this ticket, you'll probably have to stand in line for two hours or longer. If you buy this ticket, you'll only have to wait a few minues."

they will pay dearly. $100 a day would not be unreasonable, if it were for all the big rides.
but that would probably be my personal last straw.

Californian Elitist

Joe Tourist visits his travel agent to book a WDW vacation for his family. His travel agent says, "Disney is offering this new ticket that lets you skip the line at Toy Story Mania. Your children are young and will love the attraction. However, if you don't buy this ticket, you'll probably have to stand in line for two hours or longer. If you buy this ticket, you'll only have to wait a few minutes."

Has Joe been to WDW before?

Californian Elitist

Joe Tourist is WDW's bread-and-butter customer. He went years ago when he was younger but this is the first time he's taking his family consisting of his lovely wife and his two adorable children Little Sue, age 5, and Little Johnny, age 7. They've already booked the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Little Sue at $79.95. Little Johnny's already going to the Pirate's League for $34.95. Of course they've booked every character meal possible. They so want to make sure their children have memories of a lifetime.

Let me put it another way. I never go to any of this kiddie stuff. I never take my family to the buffets or to Cinderella's Royal Table. Yet every time I check availability, these are sold out. Somebody's buying them and it ain't me.;)

In that case, Joe would most likely pay LOTS of money for FPs. Maybe even a hundred dollars.

ImagineerDude

The question is not what Disney would charge, it's what would people pay?

People pay $12.95 for a scrap of metal called a pin.

People pay $7 for a piece latex filled with helium called a balloon.

People pay $34.95 for a breakfast they could get offsite for $5.95.

People pay $400/night for a room at a Deluxe Resort, a nice place to sleep and shower.

Minimum wage is $7.25/hour.

A TSMM FP could save people two hours or more of precious park time.

Yet people already are voting that others would pay nothing (the "$0 - Nobody would buy them" option) for a TSMM FP.

Interesting.
Well I'm sure SOMEONE would buy it, but not me.

ImagineerDude

First timers I'm sure would pay up to five dollars. It also would depend on the size of the family. For my family of four that's already $20 on top of regular tickets and shopping and dining. I mentioned first timers because they don't know all the tips and tricks. Everyone learns something new on every trip to the world. A person may pay for the FP once then never experience again. I love TSMM but I would pay much more for a SplMnt FP than a TSMM pass during peak/holiday seasons. :)

PUSH

I put 1-5 dollars, but I had the $5 point in mind. For a single ticket, I think $5 would be a selling point. That would equal $20 in a family of four. Now if you were to sell unlimited FPs for an entire day I'm sure people would be willing to pay $100. It'd mean you could get on everything 6-7 times if you wanted to.

Interesting question, by the way.

WDW_Emily

$5 would be my limit. While I do like TSMM, I don't think it's the best ride in WDW. If the standby line is over 50 minutes and we don't have a fastpass, we would skip it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom