• $31- $50

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • $51 - $75

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • $76 - $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even higher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $0 - I would rather die than pay for a fast pass.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

Disney Analyst

I think 10 dollars will be the base price for now. But I think when they say introductory it means they already have other pricing levels that get you more benefits.

So I think you'll have like

$10 Base
$20 Extra Benefits
$30 Ultimate Package

etc.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I guess other benefits would be two max passes during the same time frame. Say I can get a ticket for Space Mountain and Star Tours during the same hour. That way I can ride one and jump in the fast pass line for the other. Ultimate package might include priority seating to World of Color or Fantasmic.

Disney Analyst

The more crowded or late in the day, the more it costs.

Could end up being 10 dollar base to use the service, get one fast pass every 2 hours or until other fast pass ends.

And then for a certain price can buy an additional fast pass for whatever time you want? Or for the next available time?

mickEblu

I guess other benefits would be two max passes during the same time frame. Say I can get a ticket for Space Mountain and Star Tours during the same hour.

Although that would be a cool perk wouldn't something like this start to make Standby lines obsolete?

D

Deleted member 107043

Interesting that nearly half the respondents said they wouldn't pay for it.

Nextinline

Bear in mind, the poll was asking how much the proverbial "masses" would pay, not how much you would personally be willing to pay.

Either way, I'm sure Disney will give us the opportunity to put our money where our mouth is. :)

Phroobar

Original Poster
That was the point. How much will Disney ultimately set this service price. I guess it if failed the price would be back to zero. Personally I think they will eventually get themselves in line with pricing like MM and USH have for front of the line passes.

Nextinline

Across the board, Disney Parks is in an unusual economic position. There will always be people willing to spend more to have a more unique or enjoyable (magical) experience. Many times, this leaves the less financially sound feeling left out. But Disney is, after all, a business and I can't necessarily blame them for trying to balance supply and demand.

Do you think Disney will charge more to use this service on busier days?

Another interesting thought, would you be willing to pay more money for admission on a slow day, knowing that you would have a more enjoyable experience?

mickEblu

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'm posting it here since it's FastPass/MaxPass related. It's an interesting article on how the theme park industry may be shifting toward a "no wait" strategy for queuing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/29/can-disneyland-eliminate-standing-in-line/

The only way Disney could do a Virtual Line only system is if they figure out the crowding problem first. If they don't somehow limit how many people are coming through the gate then all of the pathways would be flooded with all the people that are no longer in queues. Disneyland is certainly not set up for it. Maybe the Magic Kingdom? Or maybe a trial run at DCA?

thomas998

Considering that you've gained nothing, why bother.... You still only get to have one fastpass at a time all this does is avoid you having to go to the paper fastpass machines which aren't that big a deal... Only machines I ever get annoyed with are the Radiator Springs because they usually have a very long line just for fast passes.... If the Max Pass allowed you to get 3 passes or even just allowed you to select a time you wanted to use it then it might have some value... but from what've I've heard so far it just keeps you from having to send a runner to the machines.

Practical Pig

As the monetized Max-Pass rolls out here, I can’t help wondering how Shanghai Disneyland’s new Disney Premier Access might affect us in the future. In Shanghai, the system lets you buy all seven available fast-passes at one time, and use them whenever you want. You can also buy them piecemeal.

But the cost is very high. At peak pricing, passes are over twenty-one bucks apiece, and the set of seven goes for about eighty-seven dollars, more than the cost of a single day’s peak price admission. If it succeeds over there, how could Disney resist bringing some version of it to the packed little park in affluent Southern California?

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2017/03/shanghai-disneyland-launch-disney.html

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/guest-services/disney-premier-access/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom