How much time before the Marathon sells out?

BrerWayne

Original Poster
Hello all, I am a WDW marathon veteran. I ran it four times in the late 90's early 2000's. Back then it was big but nowhere near what the event has grown into. Because of events in my life ( Hurricane Katrina recovery, birth of my kids ) I went into retirement. I am back running regularly now and am contemplating doing a marathon again. My question is how long does it take for the marathon to sell out? Is it minutes, hours, or days? I did not get into NYC so WDW is my target race. Any feedback would be appreciated.

lukacseven

It depends. After freezing temps (literally) in 2010, the 2011 Marathon still had available spots through mid December. Last year, the 5K, 10K, half & Dopey sold out within a day, if I remember correctly. Someone else can give you more accurate numbers as to the exact hours/days for the January races. The full and Goofy took a while. As for the 2015 November Wine & Dine 1/2, the race sold out in hours.

dreamfinder

We usually tried to update the corresponding race sticky with either the percentage full (when posted) or when it sold out. So if you check those you should get an idea. I'd look at the more recent races rather than Marathon Weekend, as @lukacseven indicated, the most recent races are selling out in hours, while last year it may have been a day or two.

DocAlan02

I looked at the main Marathon weekend thread in this same forum, as there were posts about the sold statuses of all the races at the time. The full was 60% sold in the first day, but took about 3 weeks to fully sell out. The half and the Dopey (and some of the short races) sold out the first day.
Some additional spots were added to the half and full in the fall because the Goofy did not sell as well.

BrerWayne

Original Poster
Thanks, appreciate it, I have to work the day registration opens and did not know if I would have a shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom