How Much Security is Too Much?

Matt_Black

Funny you say that. I was at Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend and a woman in the lazy river was wearing a full blown hijab made of swim shirt material . Sometimes, you can't change into a bathing suit.

Well, as you mentioned, it appears that it was made FOR swimming, so in that case I'd still say it's appropriate and shouldn't raise a red flag. Now, someone wearing a flannel shirt? WATCH THAT DUDE.

As an aside, I am glad to see companies like Nike and others making active wear hijabs and other items for the Muslim community.

BigRedDad

Until 9/11, no one thought about terrorist targets. Outside of the some of the government targets, WDW was one of the top non-government targets on the list. Imagine the impact of one of those planes being flown into the Castle and Contemporary?

disney4life2008

I was searched twice yesterday. At animal kingdom and Hollywood studios. First time, i took everything out my pocket had no bag and the detector went off. Then stood to the side, where they used the wand on me and i still went off. It all came down to my belt. This was after i had to raise my shirt in public at 9am. Pleasant? No! Necessary, I guess so.

Rumrunner

The amount of time we spent at security entering the park was 5 to 10 minutes at the most. That time was well worth it knowing my kids and grandkids were a little safer. Nothing is full proof but I am thankful to Disney for making the effort. We made it a point to thank the security guards for doing their job.

FutureCEO

And now this year- proposed metal detectors in multiple locations on resort grounds.
I don't know if that's fine, for me. The monorail I would be ok with. Plain view from my balcony, and on walks enjoying the grounds... not so sure.

I think this is the first time that I've been furious with Disney...or at least since the removal of a few of my favorite rides.lol

I didn't hear about the proposed metal detectors. That's kinda of overkill.

But security is what we pay for idiots who go psycho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom