How much room for luggage storage?

BigRedDad

Original Poster
A Disney Cruise is still a pipe dream, but definitely something we hope to do by Summer 2017. I know the rooms are relatively small (yes, I am cheap and do not need a big expensive room). At 169sf, that is 13x13 square for comparison sake. We do not use hard sided luggage. We pack in duffle bags that can compact relatively small (4 duffle bags compact down to the size of one larger hard sided suitcase). Between cruise casual, water clothes, multiple pairs of shoes (flip flops, sneakers, casual dress, maybe water shoes), I am trying to gauge the right number of bags or when it becomes too many..

How many checked bags can you have on the cruise?

EOD K9

A Disney Cruise is still a pipe dream, but definitely something we hope to do by Summer 2017. I know the rooms are relatively small (yes, I am cheap and do not need a big expensive room). At 169sf, that is 13x13 square for comparison sake. We do not use hard sided luggage. We pack in duffle bags that can compact relatively small (4 duffle bags compact down to the size of one larger hard sided suitcase). Between cruise casual, water clothes, multiple pairs of shoes (flip flops, sneakers, casual dress, maybe water shoes), I am trying to gauge the right number of bags or when it becomes too many..

How many checked bags can you have on the cruise?
As many as you want. There is plenty of room under the bed. I generally don't unpack in WDW, but I always do on a cruise for some reason. That being said, there is also plenty of drawer space. If you use duffels as you say you do, there should be no issues if you unpack and roll the bags up. DCL sends you special luggage tags that you attach to whatever you are checking. I have checked three bags and a box of diapers. I have seen plenty of families on the same deck as myself with way more than that being delivered to their cabin. Also, there are laundry rooms aboard the ship if you want to do that and cut back a tad on what you bring.

Tom

Beta Return
As many as you want. There is plenty of room under the bed. I generally don't unpack in WDW, but I always do on a cruise for some reason. That being said, there is also plenty of drawer space. If you use duffels as you say you do, there should be no issues if you unpack and roll the bags up. DCL sends you special luggage tags that you attach to whatever you are checking. I have checked three bags and a box of diapers. I have seen plenty of families on the same deck as myself with way more than that being delivered to their cabin. Also, there are laundry rooms aboard the ship if you want to do that and cut back a tad on what you bring.

Yes, this.

There's plenty of room under the bed (by design) for luggage. And plenty of drawers and closet space to unpack.

We had a 1-year old on our last cruise, in November, and had room for the Pack-n-Play, diapers, a diaper-genie, toys, and luggage for 3 of us.

NelleBelle

On our last cruise, we took 4 large hard-side suitcases, a large duffle bag, 2 carry-on hard-side roller-bags, and 2 tote bags for 5 of us and had no problem storing all the luggage. The suitcases "nested" inside themselves and stored underneath the beds. There was plenty of space to pack for the 5 of us inside the cabin, thankfully! I have to be unpacked when I travel otherwise I end up ratting through my suitcases and everything just gets totally unorganized. There should be plenty of room for you!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I usually have my 2 adult daughters with me when cruising so 4 adults with 4 large suitcases and carry ons was no issue in our stateroom. There was plenty of storage and space in the room for us.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom