How Much money do Cast members make

WISH4EE@WDW

Then we definitely did have a piece of mis-communication! I'm sorry. :( Thanks for all of the helpful information ImaYoyo! :wave: :sohappy:

PintoColvig

Not to be rude, but I don't think it's your business on how much an employee at WDW makes. Some people don't feel comfortable telling strangers how much or little they make. I'm sure you're not trying to be rude, but asking how strangers their hourly/monthly/annual income is not very tactful.
I don't mean to be rude either but I don't get your concern. It's not like he asked a specific CM what he or she makes. It was a general question, such as "How much do physicians make?" or "What's an airline pilot's salary?" I don't know what you do for a living but surely you considered the salary range before you made your profession choice. What's so wrong with that? :shrug:

DisneySaint

Front-line CM's start out at just above minimum wage. With that said, I've heard the leap from hourly to executive is significant.

WDWPrnces02

Which is...? I am planning on moving to the Orlando area this late fall and it can't possibly be as bad as Michigan. I've recently been laid off my main job...again! For the 5th time in 12 years of living here I've been been victim of the wonderful Michigan economy. :( It's time to move south.

I cant stand Michigan anymore either....im also wanting to move early spring (aprilish) next year. (cant tell ya how many times ive said this in the last 5 years). Hopefully the economy will get better soon...but i wont hold my breath.

If you have any luck getting out of here...let me know. Cuz maybe their be hope for me too.

Norm The Skull

Original Poster
Sorry if I ruffled any feathers

I was just wondering since I was thinking of leaving the great white north at some point and move to Florida. I just thought Disney would be a dream job for me so I was looking into it.

I guess it is a dream job but not a dream salary.

Guess what?

I respect the CM even more now.

Thanks again for making all our dreams come true.

PS : Disney give everyone a raise because they deserve it.

Thanks again everyone

wedway71

Well have a buddy that is in Glendale, CA.

He is mid-level Mgt with Disney Consumer Products.
I know what he makes but cant tell but I Can say its enough to let him drive a new Range Rover wear Armani suits and have a nice house in southern Cali where the housing is very expensive.

As far as what Execs make it is vey hard to find out unless you know someone or are sneaky in your research....

One thing I have done is to see WHERE AN EXEC COMES FROM.....

For instance you can do a bio google search on just about any Disney Exec. On the bio it most of the times tells where they came from job wise.By finding that out you can get an idea of what kind of money they might make...

Example.....I was looking at some bios for some Execs on Steam Boat Capital(Disney Investment company). He just came form Goldman Sachs...

Now Goldman Sachs is vey open with there salary plan...If you work for Goldman Sachs unless your the janitor you make about 100k to start.
Now if your going to recruit someone from another company you entice them with higher salary or perks... so Disney probably paid him 10-20k more.

Just some ways to get the scoop on what Execs make.
And I dont think its rude if your trying to find salaries for a possible career choice for yourself.

Lindsy1052

They don't get paid enough and Disney has some very strict rules about taking breaks and where they can enter. On the plus side they do have some kind of nice admission benefits for their families.

Nice admission benefits....I worked with one woman who had free admissions to the parks, but could not afford the gas to get to the parks with her children. Gas was to go to work and that was it. You cannot live on what Disney pays you, and they make it very difficult to even get a part time job, because if they decide to change your shift, good bye second job. If your young and living at home great, if your retired and really don't need the money, great. For regular people, find a real job that appreciates what you do and pays you accordingly.

disneypearl

Which is...? I am planning on moving to the Orlando area this late fall and it can't possibly be as bad as Michigan. I've recently been laid off my main job...again! For the 5th time in 12 years of living here I've been been victim of the wonderful Michigan economy. :( It's time to move south.

I am from Michigan also! I live in the Kalamazoo area now, but want to move to the Orlando area. There is going to be a WDW Hiring Event in Goshen, Indiana in September. That is too close to home for me to pass up. I think that I will go and see what happens. It would be a fun experience.
:)

disneypearl

I cant stand Michigan anymore either....im also wanting to move early spring (aprilish) next year. (cant tell ya how many times ive said this in the last 5 years). Hopefully the economy will get better soon...but i wont hold my breath.

If you have any luck getting out of here...let me know. Cuz maybe their be hope for me too.

Looks like we have a group from Michigan wanting to move move to the Orlando area. Will the last one leaving Michigan please turn out the lights? :lol: Maybe there is hope for all of us. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom