How Much money do Cast members make

Norm The Skull

Original Poster
I was just wondering how much money do cast members make?
They make are vacations great. So I was wondering what kind of money they where making.

Counter people?

House keeping

Security?

Attractions?

It might be a good place to work if the money is good?

Well whatever you people make. Thank you for making our vacations great

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Most CM's start out around $7 an hour, and then get pay raises every so often until they're at like $12-15 depending on the job. That's most of all the basic frontline people.

Easiest way to make a somewhat decent living is to work in a tipped role and and be good at your job. Other areas take a long time to get to a moderate wage, and for it to really be liveable you have to work tons of overtime/doubleback (less then 8hrs between shifts).

It's a job to work through college, for extra spending cash on the weekends, or once you retire - its extremely hard to do full time and not be very poor.

lunarsquid

Most hotels and amusement parks are the same. I worked for a couple of years in the hotel industry, and realized I was working my @$$ off for nothing.
Now I have a cushy job in the medical field getting fat paychecks.
But I still remember my roots! CMs, you have my eternal admiration!

:sohappy:

kstella

They don't get paid enough and Disney has some very strict rules about taking breaks and where they can enter. On the plus side they do have some kind of nice admission benefits for their families.

disneygoof1

People that are on the college program get less than $7 an hour. When I was there as a college program cast member, I only made $6.00 an hour. Granted my schedule was over 50 hours a week, but. I do know that face characters get $12-$15 an hour starting out, and lifeguards get paid a little more also, because of the work they do.

raven

Not enough, considering the cost of living in the Orlando area.

Which is...? I am planning on moving to the Orlando area this late fall and it can't possibly be as bad as Michigan. I've recently been laid off my main job...again! For the 5th time in 12 years of living here I've been been victim of the wonderful Michigan economy. :( It's time to move south.

maggiegrace1

Well I am glad Merf finally answered your question...instead of the .."not enough" comments..

I think it is just like anywhere else in the world..a lot of people do not make enough with the cost of living in most places.

Minimum or slightly above is normal unless you have a degree of some sort.

The experience you will get from working at Disney is probably worth more then the money to most.

LoriMistress

Not to be rude, but I don't think it's your business on how much an employee at WDW makes. Some people don't feel comfortable telling strangers how much or little they make. I'm sure you're not trying to be rude, but asking how strangers their hourly/monthly/annual income is not very tactful.

maggiegrace1

Not to be rude, but I don't think it's your business on how much an employee at WDW makes. Some people don't feel comfortable telling strangers how much or little they make. I'm sure you're not trying to be rude, but asking how strangers their hourly/monthly/annual income is not very tactful.
I do not think he was being rude..im sure it is easy to find out that information online or by calling casting.:shrug:

Just like if you ask someone who works at McDonalds how much they make..it is usually advertised or can be found by calling the place itself...

mickey04

People that are on the college program get less than $7 an hour. When I was there as a college program cast member, I only made $6.00 an hour. Granted my schedule was over 50 hours a week, but. I do know that face characters get $12-$15 an hour starting out, and lifeguards get paid a little more also, because of the work they do.

CP's make $6.67 presently, which I think is minimum wage in FL. I could be wrong, but I don't think face characters make that much, and I'm rather certain lifeguards start at closer to $9. Quick serve F&B gets a small premium as do housekeepers and a few other roles.

Overall it's competitive for the industry, although Universal and Sea World both pay more. It doesn't seem right though, with the Company making increasingly higher profits each quarter and expecting CMs to be the best of the best, that they are not compensated accordingly. Just my $0.02 though.

Einselen

I talked to a very nice cast member at MGM and we were learning about him and he asking about us making small chat as we waited for the HSM Pep Rally (ex-GF loves HSM). He was retied from NY and loved his job but said he does not understand how those that are not doing it for extra cash or retirement fun can live off it. He confirmed they make minimum wage as well as having a lot of restrictions regarding break times and what break food they can bring in as well as the not so employee discounted food. This was of course the basic front line CMs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom