How much did Soarin' cost?

Californian Elitist

I suppose if you include Research and Development and engineering costs on the original that wasn't needed on the WDW one, it might be close. But considering the cost of the show building alone, the second one seems a little low.

They both seem very off to me, considering EVERYTHING. I haven't seen Epcot's but the queue and show building alone at DCA probably costs more than 3.5 million.

Goofyernmost

They both seem very off to me, considering EVERYTHING. I haven't seen Epcot's but the queue and show building alone at DCA probably costs more than 3.5 million.
I haven't seen DCA's for quite a few years (2005) but from my memory the queue and building is much larger at Epcot. I might have a faulty memory of this as I'm not getting any younger, but I don't recall being all that impressed with DCA's set up.

lego606

MagicBandit
I haven't seen DCA's for quite a few years (2005) but from my memory the queue and building is much larger at Epcot. I might have a faulty memory of this as I'm not getting any younger, but I don't recall being all that impressed with DCA's set up.

Yep, it's much larger at Epcot

Californian Elitist

DCA's area, building and queue:

Bear%20Left-M.jpg

Soarin%27%20Over%20a%20California%20Night-M.jpg

Queue (mini-museum):

5305410617_ec0f96f06f_z.jpg

Seems pretty nice to me.

Genie of the Lamp

Well it has to be less than $220 milion cause that's the most they've ever spent on one ride (RSR). It also probably cost more on the California one simply because it opened earlier and had design costs to go along with it. So if I were to guess, I would say it was probably around $100-125 million all said and done. I'm using no intellectual theories here just guessing and throwing number ranges out except for the first sentence. Anyone have close connections to Mark Summer I'm sure he'd know the answer if he were willing to tell. He'd probably be able to give us an erection set. Whoops meant to say erector set.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom