1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

How many trips do you plan at once......

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by MickeyMomV, Jul 13, 2017.

1. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

So we have planned our next trip this November and are going to be activating our annual passes on the trip (this is our first time being AP holders). Well I got to thinking about the next trip after that yesterday and was looking on the WDW site and noticed some of the hotels are already showing no rooms available for a 3 day adult weekend we were planning in May 2018. So now I'm thinking we have to book that room and then maybe the room for our October 2018 trip (The month the AP's expire) at the same time.
    Normally we go down once a year or having to plan 3 trips at the same time seems a bit extreme!

luvinthemajik likes this.
  2. Jeff456

Jeff456 Well-Known Member

Just the one unfortunately, I'm in the UK so trip are only ever every other year at most but for a couple of weeks usually!

MickeyMomV likes this.
  3. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member Original Poster

We would love to a trip for a couple of weeks but neither of our jobs will allow us off for 2 weeks at a time.

4. luvinthemajik

luvinthemajik Active Member

Hi @MickeyMomV , congrats on becoming an AP holder. We are heading to SSR in 3 days and will activate ours as well on this trip. Haven't been AP'rs for a few years. I hope you have a lot of fun with them, the stress of "How much are tickets going to cost?" is gone, and you feel free to plan a fun time. That being said I've noticed the hotels filling up quickly as well, right now I'm having trouble for Mickey's Halloween Party last week in Sept. and like you, spring 2018.

I wonder if there is such a thing as planning too many trips at WDW? LOL. It seems my family is talking about one, in the midst of planning the next, or on one at the moment and wanting to plan a bounce back so the "Leaving Disney Blues" don't strike. We are currently trying to do the above 2 trips, if we can a DVC or AP hotel discount that's open, a quick trip our DS has set up for last week in August, and a post XMas trip too. I guess that's 4 for us, we'll see how it goes, but the planning feels like a lot of fun right now.
    Hoping you have a Very Magic Trip in November!!!!

MickeyMomV likes this.
  5. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

One at a time, but in my mind I'm planning one every month. Gee I'd love to go more often but work seems to take preference and gets in the way of me getting my wish.

6. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Just one, but it could be up to 2 years away when I start...

7. becca_

becca_ Well-Known Member

In April I had 3 planned (I LOVE to be ahead of the game and plan out everything even if I don't go)

- May 2017
    - January 2018
    - March 2018

Went in May, booked for Jan/March!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  8. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

Book for October as soon as possible

9. HappyDisFam

HappyDisFam Well-Known Member

Currently have 2 booked, looking at dates for the third. ;) Have always had at least the date in mind, if the next trip wasn't already booked, by the time we left the bubble. Makes leaving easier. :)

10. Susan Savia

Susan Savia Well-Known Member

Usually we have 2 trips in planning stages at a time, with a third in discussion.