How Many Times Do You Visit WDW In A Year?

Beckett

Hi!

So...I visited WDW on December and am now planning to go back in June. I have to fly there since I don't live near. Apparently my friends and family think this is a waste of money and that it is definitely not normal for me to want to visit THAT often. I just don't see anything wrong with it. I do talk about it a lot, but it is my favorite thing to plan for. Also, my daughter and me enjoy it so much, that I value this more than anything. They save to buy cars, clothes and electronics...I have what I need and I save money to go to WDW. Opinions? Thanks :)

belledream

Don't worry about what other people say. As I'm sure many people on this board will tell you, we get that reaction too! But why are we here? Because we all LOVE Disney and know just how it's a lifestyle, not just a vacation destination! Do what makes you happy.

And also, yes - planning for Disney is way more fun than planning for anything else! ;)

Upvote 0

Sparkle1566

Don't worry about what others think !!!!
I go 2X per year Spring and Fall with my Mom. It's our Mother / Daughter thing..... we LOVE it.
People always say.... are you going there again, or why don't you go somewhere else...... I say you go to the beach every year.... what's the difference. Everyone has their thing.... Disney is mine !!!!:)

Upvote 0

SSH

Admittedly it's a 4 hr drive for us vs flying, but my husband and I used to go every 3-4 months for at least 10-15 years. Got engaged there. Got married there. We too heard it from both sides of our families constantly: "you're spending money to go there AGAIN?" "Why don't you go someplace new?" "Haven't you seen it all already?" Um...okay: you drive an 1 hour each way in traffic, fight for a parking space, drag a carload of stuff to a tiny spot on a crowded beach...all to sit sweating on the same patch of sand, staring at the same body of water week after week? And you're questioning my choices? (Trust me: after you go enough times, most people get tired of questioning it and leave you in peace!)

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

As AP holders we work it so that we get two visits in on the Pass one year and the next year three visits. We go to the Halloween party every other year). Wish it could be oftener, but it's a 15 hour drive.

Upvote 0

irishmom58

Hi!

So...I visited WDW on December and am now planning to go back in June. I have to fly there since I don't live near. Apparently my friends and family think this is a waste of money and that it is definitely not normal for me to want to visit THAT often. I just don't see anything wrong with it. I do talk about it a lot, but it is my favorite thing to plan for. Also, my daughter and me enjoy it so much, that I value this more than anything. They save to buy cars, clothes and electronics...I have what I need and I save money to go to WDW. Opinions? Thanks :)
We go 2 - 3 times a year. We wait for the golden email with the biggest discounts on resorts, we book our park passes through another distributor, I have a free companion fare with Delta Platinum AmEx, and watch for flight deals. We go off season (mid September, first part of December, end of January. We stay at value resorts (All Star Sports is walking distance to MickeyD's, we bring food and wine for the fridge, and dry things for breakfast, snacks. We don't do meal or beverage plans, don't do character or other dining.
We do 3-4 days for parks, MK, Epcot, skip Animal Kingdom, and after a disastrous 1/2 day Studios end of Jan (90 min waits on tower of terror and rockin roller coaster closing for crowds, we don't do that one anymore.
We took daughter, son-in-law and 3 yr old granddaughter Dec 2013, and planned it much different. We stayed in a cabin at Ft Wilderness, had 2 days MK, 1 together and one for them to be alone as a family. My husband and I did Epcot that day, we skipped Studios and picked up Animal Kingdom for little sweetie to see her animals. Then all back again for another MK day. Very slow to allow her to enjoy everything, meet all her princesses and allow for sweet moments.
Your priorities are in the right place, making memories

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZachS

We've been going twice a year, in April and November. Our friends give us a hard time about it but we always have a great time so we really don't care what they say.

Upvote 0

Beckett

Original Poster
Thank you guys! :inlove: I am a single mother to my daughter and she has everything she needs, all bills are paid, and I have what I need. I do not need much, and this seems to baffle them. I do save money all year long to visit Orlando and specially WDW. As irishmom58 said, I think that making memories is way more important than anything. They've told me I must be rich, but that is just not true. I am actually a teacher, but I am very good at budgeting. My daughter and me have such fun that it is all worth it. Thank you all :happy:.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

We get the same comments. Used to go once a year, but we have 2-year old twins and we all have a great time at WDW and they are too young (in our minds) for other vacations like cruises or Europe, so we have APs and will go four times this year! Haters gonna hate but deep down I think they are just jealous of all of the vacations. Why must people rain on other people's parades? If you can afford it and it makes you happy, screw everyone else. Everyone has their own lives to live as they see fit.

I remind my friends that my wife and I don't drink, unlike our drunkard friends. There's our Disney money! And I think it's better than Natural Light...

Upvote 0

JohnD

I've gone three times in 2013 and three times in 2014. (Returned to WDW for the first time in 20 years in 2013). So far, only one trip planned this year--May 12-18 for the last week of the F&G festival and the first SWW. Any future trips in 2015 are "under advisement" pending several factors, the primary one being my supervisor is retiring in October. His replacement will already be hired by then so it will be "all hands on deck" in the fall. Anything else planned for later in the year will be last minute as circumstances warrant.

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

2-3 times a year. My parents are DVC members, we're all AP holders, and we go several times a year. The way I see it, who cares what anyone else thinks? If you can financially do it and that's what you want to spend your money on, go for it. There are lots who are of the same mentality. :)

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

This will be the abnormal year. Since we knew we were going for 2 1-week trips, we bought APs. Turns out we decided to make it 3. We will get our money's worth out of those APs. It will also let us see how crowded Summer really is for future references.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It shouldn't matter what anyone else does -- if you have the time and financial means, go as often as you like!

We live in upstate New York and aren't particularly well-off (meaning a Disney vacation is a major investment for us -- we're talking 3-4 months' worth of mortgage payments for a 1-week WDW trip at a discounted, off-season "moderate" level resort). We also don't like to book the vacation until we've saved up all we need to pay for it. Because of that, and also because we like to have something "new" to see each time we go and WDW construction seems to go slower than molasses, once every two years is about right for us. By the time of our next anticipated visit, it will have been 2 1/2 years.

Candidly, I think if we went much more frequently, we wouldn't appreciate it as much.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Don't let others opinions bother you!!! Unless you are asking them for money, they have no input. Do what makes you happy!!!! You don't begrudge them what makes them happy do you? So that having been said I average at least 4 trips a year and sometimes as many as 5 or 6 depending on the year and what is going on. I live in NYC so it isn't exactly around the corner, but it is my Happy Place!!! Do what makes you smile, as long as it isn't hurting anyone, there is nothing wrong with it!! Marie

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It shouldn't matter what anyone else does -- if you have the time and financial means, go as often as you like!

We live in upstate New York and aren't particularly well-off (meaning a Disney vacation is a major investment for us -- we're talking 3-4 months' worth of mortgage payments for a 1-week WDW trip at a discounted, off-season "moderate" level resort). We also don't like to book the vacation until we've saved up all we need to pay for it. Because of that, and also because we like to have something "new" to see each time we go and WDW construction seems to go slower than molasses, once every two years is about right for us. By the time of our next anticipated visit, it will have been 2 1/2 years.

Candidly, I think if we went much more frequently, we wouldn't appreciate it as much.
It can stagnate a bit. We always have a blast, but are looking forward to branching out once the boys are a bit older (Disneyland in 2016 and a cruise probably in 2017).

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Same with us, "Are you going there again?" This coming from people who go to Vegas a couple times a year, or Cancun.
Im considering a Vegas trip possibly as well. There is a show there called Raiding the Rock Vault, at the Tropicana that looks amazing. That is definitely not a trip I would do solo with the idea that I can be on my own or run into friends, as I do in WDW, but it is a consideration. Last time I was in Vegas was over a decade ago, but I did like a lot of different things there too. Marie

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We live in Philadelphia, and try and go as often as we can. With this upcoming trip in 28 days it will be our 4th time in 24 months. I am an addict and I have accepted it;)

I am currently planning a surprise trip for August as well for our 1 yr wedding anniversary...boy is he gonna be surprised lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom