How many hours at Seaworld?

projectaero

Original Poster
Hi guys.
I will be at Seaworld in June and want to know a couple of things.

1. Is it better to go in the morning or afternoon? Also that it's summer.

2. Is there a must see show(s) that you recommend?

3. How many hours to get it all done?

4. Anything else?

nepalostparks

My opinions/advice:

1) I'd try to get there for opening - I generally advocate that at all the parks, especially if you're only going to be there for one day. Add in the summer crowds, and getting there early means you can beat them at the bigger attractions. Hit Antarctica and the coasters early to avoid the longest lines, then enjoy the shows and other exhibits with the rest of your time.

2) Blue Horizons is probably our favorite show.

3) Loaded question. To see all the shows, ride all the rides, and spend some quality time seeing the other exhibits? All day at least. To hit the highlights, you should be able to in one day, maybe 8 hours or so. Everyone tours at a different pace, and has different tastes.

4) If you plan on spending the whole day (and eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at the park), I suggest buying the all day dining plan. For about $35 per person, you get unlimited meals at most of the parks restaurants. You also can pop into those places and get just a drink, dessert/fruit cup/etc. at any time. If you're only going to eat two meals, then it may not be worth it. One meal, definitely not worth it.

Hope this helps!

Crazydisneyfanluke

1) Get the major attractions done during the morning hours.

2) Blue horizons, and A'lure call of the ocean

3) I usually arrive late morning (i don't do rides because my niece is to scared) around the first one ocean. We usually stay until the night performances are over (light up the night) while the crowds are exiting hang back and grab a snack/coffee for the ride back.

4) I usually get the all day dinning, like Nepalostparks said. The all day dinning deal lets you into a buffet into the back that only the all day dinners can get. It does not work at every restaurant.
Any of the tours are great, my mother did the beluga interactive experience and she enjoyed it.
Try to go around Christmas, the decorate the places extremely well!

CAPTAIN HOOK

1. Is it better to go in the morning or afternoon? Also that it's summer.

Are you planning on being there long ???? SeaWorld is a theme park, with three major rides and an assortment of shows, shops and eating places. It is not a sprint to get through the place, it should be taken at leisure, taking in the shows and the educational items that the the place has to offer. It is a place that sees a much slower pace of life than any of the Disney parks. To do it properly should take you at least a day
3. How many hours to get it all done?

See my answer above - unless you're determined to run through the place, you'll need a full day

projectaero

Original Poster
Yeah well we don't want to rush but if we get there at opening and stay to 6 we can go to Ripleys after it. When you say a full day do you mean open to close or?

919Florida

Everyone has made great points here. However I do have a few additions to note. You say you are going in June. Is it going to be early month or end of month? You will want to take advantage of Summer Nights if its going on when you are there. They have an awesome Shamu Light Up the Night show which is a fan favorite and that takes place usually at 9. They also have Sea Lions tonight which is usually around 730 at night. Hilarious show there. The park is a whole different atmosphere at night. I personally recomend spending at least 11am to close in the park. You dont want to hurry. Take in everything and enjoy it. Enjoy the animal interactions etc. You will have an amazing time

Crazydisneyfanluke

Everyone has made great points here. However I do have a few additions to note. You say you are going in June. Is it going to be early month or end of month? You will want to take advantage of Summer Nights if its going on when you are there. They have an awesome Shamu Light Up the Night show which is a fan favorite and that takes place usually at 9. They also have Sea Lions tonight which is usually around 730 at night. Hilarious show there. The park is a whole different atmosphere at night. I personally recomend spending at least 11am to close in the park. You dont want to hurry. Take in everything and enjoy it. Enjoy the animal interactions etc. You will have an amazing time
No more Sea lions tonight for the next year or so.

919Florida

No more Sea lions tonight for the next year or so.
Whats your source for no sea lions tonight? I was told an entire new script is in the works for sea lions tonight when construction is completed in the spring. The new day show will be everyday and then the new sea lions tonight will be in peak seasons.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Whats your source for no sea lions tonight? I was told an entire new script is in the works for sea lions tonight when construction is completed in the spring. The new day show will be everyday and then the new sea lions tonight will be in peak seasons.
Sorry i thought that the stadium would be down until next fall. I guess I'm used to Disney's pace...

fugawe09

If it is summer and there happens to be a glimmer of lightning, you only need about 30 minutes in the park (about the time it takes to grab an ice cream and head to the exit). Most of the attractions and shows worth seeing are weather dependent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom