How Many Days till your Disney Wedding!!!

Goofnut1980

Ok... So I am thinking of planning a Disney Wedding.. How was the process?? Can you really customize everything?? Do they give you lists to pick from? I want to do things very unconventional. I am not a one to have a DJ and all that jazz... I want to do a multi-course dinner and then have an area for everyone to watch Illuminations, then everyone meet for a dessert party. Also I want to plan a few things as a group outing the few days before and then something after... Just really be unconventional and have it as a celebration and not a traditional wedding.

I work part time doing wedding cakes and am the right hand man for a local caterer here in Columbus (Voted 2 years in a row by the Knot brides as Best Caterer and voted #1 in the entire country for weddings under 200 -- not to brag) So, It is my job to make sure the brides are treated like they are family and have nothing to worry about. I take care of the details from helping pin a dress to making sure their entrance is all about them and is a grand as can be. So I am sort of a wedding snob. I know things I like and things I have seen and many things that I am soooooooo over and would never want for my own. Who says we have to be traditional??

wdwpooh1027

Original Poster
Ok... So I am thinking of planning a Disney Wedding.. How was the process?? Can you really customize everything?? Do they give you lists to pick from? I want to do things very unconventional. I am not a one to have a DJ and all that jazz... I want to do a multi-course dinner and then have an area for everyone to watch Illuminations, then everyone meet for a dessert party. Also I want to plan a few things as a group outing the few days before and then something after... Just really be unconventional and have it as a celebration and not a traditional wedding.

I work part time doing wedding cakes and am the right hand man for a local caterer here in Columbus (Voted 2 years in a row by the Knot brides as Best Caterer and voted #1 in the entire country for weddings under 200 -- not to brag) So, It is my job to make sure the brides are treated like they are family and have nothing to worry about. I take care of the details from helping pin a dress to making sure their entrance is all about them and is a grand as can be. So I am sort of a wedding snob. I know things I like and things I have seen and many things that I am soooooooo over and would never want for my own. Who says we have to be traditional??

The initial process was easy. We just made an appt with the wedding dept. We met with them and spoke and set the date. They gave us a folder with a bunch of info including photo packages, videography, bridal potrait sessions, menus etc. You can customize things and do things your own way. They have different wedding packages so if u want a small intimate wedding vs a big traditional 1 u can. The 1st is to call them to set up an appt once you have a set date. Congrats and Good Luck!!!

Sweet Melissa

@Goofnut1980, what you're describing is very much like the wedding we're having. We have events leading up to the day, then a multi-course dinner in a restaurant's private dining room after the ceremony, a private brunch the next day. We were going to add an IllumiNations dessert party after our rehearsal dinner, but opted not to do it because I was disappointed with the communication from Disney's Catered Events. We planned our wedding through Just Marry and the Swan so that we would have a little more freedom in customization and vendor choice, but I know couples who had Disney Fairy Tale Weddings very similar to mine.

Goofnut1980

The initial process was easy. We just made an appt with the wedding dept. We met with them and spoke and set the date. They gave us a folder with a bunch of info including photo packages, videography, bridal potrait sessions, menus etc. You can customize things and do things your own way. They have different wedding packages so if u want a small intimate wedding vs a big traditional 1 u can. The 1st is to call them to set up an appt once you have a set date. Congrats and Good Luck!!!
Thanks!!

Goofnut1980

@Goofnut1980, what you're describing is very much like the wedding we're having. We have events leading up to the day, then a multi-course dinner in a restaurant's private dining room after the ceremony, a private brunch the next day. We were going to add an IllumiNations dessert party after our rehearsal dinner, but opted not to do it because I was disappointed with the communication from Disney's Catered Events. We planned our wedding through Just Marry and the Swan so that we would have a little more freedom in customization and vendor choice, but I know couples who had Disney Fairy Tale Weddings very similar to mine.
Thanks!!!

Zman-ks

I have two years....we are going to renew our vows for our 10th anniversary. :)

75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom