How many days out before you really check the weather report?

6laurac

Original Poster
How many days out do you begin to feel that the weather for your trip will be close to correct based on the weather reports? I am thinking no more than 3 days out but wanted to see what everyone else goes by.

Thanks!;)

6laurac

Original Poster
We leave Saturday and I am crossing my fingers for nice weather. A few showers won't be bad but cool weather would be since I'm packing all shorts.

RonAnnArbor

Its not worth checking the weather earlier than 2 days out except for general temperature trends...as far as "weather conditions" -- rain, wind, etc, you can't know in Florida until a couple days before. Even then, you might find its nothing like what happens. On my trip last week, the day before leaving, it indicated 85 days/65 nights and predicted 30% rain, 60% rain, 30% rain, and 20% rain for the days I was to be there. By departure date, the temperature was the same, and rain predictions were down to 10% per day (i.e. none). Thats just the way of central Florida weather.

wdwstateofmind

Not worth it....Orlando's pretty much April thru October in the 80-90s with a 30% chance of rain in the afternoon around 3 PM nap break that will last like 30 minutes...

The other months, well...I've never been to Florida when you have to wear jeans so I wouldn't know...

jw24

Normally 2-3 days before departure is when I check the weather and organize carry-ons for potential weather changes. Then, when I get to WDW, I typically check the weather before I go to bed and first thing in the morning because in this crazy world, the weather can change in an instance.

bsiev1977

Normally 2-3 days before departure is when I check the weather and organize carry-ons for potential weather changes. Then, when I get to WDW, I typically check the weather before I go to bed and first thing in the morning because in this crazy world, the weather can change in an instance.
As crazy as the world is, Orlando is in a class of its own when it comes to rain.

jrab0616

I start checking at 10 days out, but mostly for tempature trends. About 2-3 days before I start checking for rain and such. I too check the weather every day of the trip to see what the weather is supposed to be like that day (rain all day, or just in the afternoon? etc).

MOXOMUMD

I plan to bring whatever we need for rain and then pray we don't need it. I think Mother Nature likes to change her mind a lot when it comes to WDW.

Future Imagineer

How many days out do you begin to feel that the weather for your trip will be close to correct based on the weather reports? I am thinking no more than 3 days out but wanted to see what everyone else goes by.

Thanks!;)
If I were you maybe 1 to 2 weeks before your trip so u can get the right clothing and change your dates even if you have to.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I start checking as soon as possible! Sort of like a countdown...I don't even care that much about the weather...but when I can see the forecast I know we're close!

DisneyDebNJ

I start checking 10 days before I leave. But seeing as I go in June I know it's going to be hot, humid and a good chance of afternoon showeres! LOL
exactly what we do Figgy. Ten days out, then I start making sure I'm packing everything we need. We normally do Fall visits, so I make sure to pack a pair of jeans and a zip up hoodie, but wind up buying a new hoodie every year LOL. We still pack our Disney ponchos, even if rain isn't in the forecast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom