How long to walk between sections in the parks?

jaygatsby

During high crowds how long does it take to walk around the parks? Some examples for MK would be from fantasyland to main street or tomorrowland to frontierland. For Epcot how long to get from the entrance of future world to world showcase or how long from Italy to the UK?

NeedMoreMickey

This is one of those it all depends kind of answer. Are there small children or older people in the group? Do you have someone who stops in every shop to look around? Do you have a large group of people that need to stay together?

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
This is one of those it all depends kind of answer. Are there small children or older people in the group? Do you have someone who stops in every shop to look around? Do you have a large group of people that need to stay together?
We'rea group of four. Two parents and two teenagers. When we need to get somehwere we wont make any stops.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

You know you can use Google maps to give you distance and walking time estimates, right? Of course time is relative - depends on crowd levels and your group's normal walking speed.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

We can typically make our way to any point in a park within a few minutes. If you study the map and know the short cuts it is pretty easy. Exceptions are parade and firework crowds. Remember if you are in MK it is sometimes easier to hop the train to take you around, its not faster but you do avoid the crowds.

Upvote 0

DisAl

With two adults and two teens you can make it most anywhere in a few minutes if you hustle, and as mentioned above things are not blocked off and packed up at parade times. I can make it from the front gate to Gaston's Tavern (spending un-used snack credits for those wonderful cinnamon buns to take home) in around ten minutes. Shortcuts, like the one between Frontier Land and Adventure Land that run through the buildings can be a great help too.
Just be careful not to cut in front of somebody on a scooter. :( Sometimes they are not really watching where they are going and those things can HURT you. I've seen them hit people who were standing still...
We often have the opposite problem. We have one in a wheelchair most of the time. No matter how careful I am I can be walking along pushing the wheelchair and some idiot step right in front of us and then get mad if you bump them. Just like the drivers who cut in front of a semi, you can't stop in an instant.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I believe the Passporter guidebook has maps with estimated times
Yes Passporter has the park maps designed with average walking time between spots.

AKMapPhotoSlice.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom