How long to wait for NYE fireworks at Epcot?

jaygatsby

We're going to be in Epcot for NYE and I was wondering how early people start to wait for the midnight fireworks? What are some of the best spots (in or around the UK)? Also, can you bring a blanket and sit down in your spot until there gets to be too many people?

donsullivan

Premium Member
It is not uncommon for folks to pick their place for the early performance of IllumiNations and then just spend the night there waiting for the final midnight show. Many bring a blanket and some stay behind holding the space while others from the group go out and experience the park. All the dance parties begin after the first IllumiNations. You do have to be reasonable in how much space you think you're reserving though. You can't bring a giant blanket and hold space for 10 people or the others around you are likely to get really, really angry when they thought they had a certain location and a huge crowd shows up at the last minute and steps in front of them.

I always recommend choosing a location where you can see the maximum number of the WS pavilions to get the full effect of the Global Countdown which is one of the coolest parts of the midnight show (actually starts at ~11:40P)

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
Where are your top choices for spots? How will I know which locations are blocked off by CM or available for viewing? Will they have them roped off for the first illuminations?

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
Where are your top choices for spots? How will I know which locations are blocked off by CM or available for viewing? Will they have them roped off for the first illuminations?

A couple areas to look at are in front of Canada up against the fence area, in Front of Norway along the railing and if it's not blocked off for a private party, the island in Italy is a really great spot.

Upvote 0

Jae99

We found our spots about 2 hours prior to the show. We picked a spot next to the stage in Canada and found the view to be good. It was right next to the entrance to the Epcot World Showplace which has an exit to the backstage area enabling a quick exit from the park to the buses. We were on a bus and back to ASMu before 1 am.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
We found our spots about 2 hours prior to the show. We picked a spot next to the stage in Canada and found the view to be good. It was right next to the entrance to the Epcot World Showplace which has an exit to the backstage area enabling a quick exit from the park to the buses. We were on a bus and back to ASMu before 1 am.
That's smart... will definitely think about doing that!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom