How long is the memory maker good for?

kniquy

Original Poster
I am considering purchasing the memory maker for our trip at the end of this month. So you purchase it online and it seems like it links right to you and your parties magic bands. Does it just start the first time that you use your band for a picture or ride picture? how long is the memory maker good for? Maybe it is listed somewhere, but i might have missed that information.

jmv5010

Not sure how long the actual Memory Maker is good for, but photos are available to download for 45 days from the day that photo was taken. So, photos will have different expiration dates depending on when they are taken.

RichVIII

Here is the interesting thing, your images are good for 45 days and you can capture them up to 30 days after your first download. You can occasionally get two trips if you time it right and go often. It all starts when they scan your magic band for your first shot.

Pax

I was told it was good for 30 days from the first picture. We bought it in mid September for use then and still were able to utilize it in early October.

Rob562

@jmv5010 was pretty much correct.

It can be a bit confusing (just like many aspects of MM+) but everything involved has its own expiration "countdown clock":

-Each individual photo expires 45 days from the date it was taken. This applies to all photos, regardless of a Memory Maker purchase or not. We didn't buy Memory Maker for our trip in early November, but scanned our Bands at the attractions and character M&G's. Those photos are still in there linked to us, but they start expiring next week.

-Memory Maker has its own 30-day clock that starts counting from the first time you download a photo. It's not connected to the expiration date of the photos themselves.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom