How Long Does WDW Wait to Update Park Hours?

zweltar

I know that Disney typically announces extended park hours closer to an actual date, but this is the first trip I've taken where the posted June hours are so abbreviated. AK is posted to close at 5 and MK is a 10pm close every day, with DHS being an 8:30pm close. I know these will not be the actual closing times, but I've never had to previously wait this long to get more accurate hours. The closer-to-the-day extension typically added an hour or two to a day, not 3+ hours to a day.

Full disclosure - this is my first trip since 2012, so I don't really know how things have happened the past few years.

zweltar

Original Poster
It's just frustrating because, with as much pre-planning you need to do at Disney, they would throw you a bone with releasing hours earlier to help you out. But what do I know...

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Eh, just keep watching. They've been changing them anywhere from a few weeks to a few days out recently.

And even the day of! When we were there in October they extended one night at MK that morning because I checked the night prior and checked on here for any news updates that night and there was nothing. While we were riding the tram to TTC I checked the hours and it had been extended another hour that night past what it was already extended to a few days prior.
So to sum it up you just never know! Lol :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

For AK I would expect them to extend the hours once they know what date Rivers of Light (and the other new nighttime offers) will premiere. That extension would probably then be for all dates throughout the released schedule (assuming that RoL will be presented nightly).

For the other park hours that they extend due to anticipated demand, it happens a lot closer to the actual date. (And I've also been there when, like @sxeensweet described, they extended the closing time day-of)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom