How long does it really take to get to disney springs?

Nala06

Are there still busses that go from the parks directly to ds? Then to get back to a park you would have to take a bus to a hotel nearby and walk (to mk or epcot)? Would an excursion to ds for a few hours for a break from the parks during a full park day even be feasible or is it a waste of time with all the transportation time?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Depends on if you have the park time to spare. Disney Springs is much bigger than its predecessor. If you need a break from the parks, back to your room for an actual break would have bigger benefits.

Upvote 0

Nala06

Original Poster
Depends on if you have the park time to spare. Disney Springs is much bigger than its predecessor. If you need a break from the parks, back to your room for an actual break would have bigger benefits.
It would be mostly the marketplace to check out a few stores and the holiday decor.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

From Resorts..... generally? Quite a while. Parks? Similar situation. It has to do with continuing "issues" of people parking for "free" at DS.

Until WDW solves this fundamental issue? I'm afraid we will continue to see OUR issue: actually GETTING to/from DS :(. Really, the whole thing is a bit sad.... they built a great area, but never really fixed the issues of getting to, or FROM it :(.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Are there still busses that go from the parks directly to ds? Then to get back to a park you would have to take a bus to a hotel nearby and walk (to mk or epcot)? Would an excursion to ds for a few hours for a break from the parks during a full park day even be feasible or is it a waste of time with all the transportation time?

After 4pm there are, they dont want guests to park as the Springs for free and ride to the parks.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

From SSR and other "DS" area resorts, I would say the bus ride is about 20 minutes and the car ride about 10. From other resorts I've had it take an hour from AKL.... The area is still under construction, I am thinking you also have a lot of local traffic visiting the Springs, and it's just a congested area.

Upvote 0

Nala06

Original Poster
The buses run from the parks to DS after 4pm, but do not run from DS back to the parks at any time.
Do you know if they are fairly regular from parks to ds after 4? Just wondering how long we would have to wait before even getting a bus. Plus about a half hour ride there correct?

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Sounds like it may not be worth taking the time out from a short trip to go to ds. Next time!

Tons of new shops there now. What I've discovered from all my visits so far this year, which were in May over Mothers' Day and the month of June and a few days this month is the same places I wander to before the rebuild are still what I show up to visit. I have ventured into a few of the new shops but for the most part what I do at DS is the same as I did when it was DtD, catch a movie, spend hours losing grandkids at that video maze, eat at Wolfgang Puck, and shop at World of Disney or hit Basin's.
Last June the new thing we did was eat at Portobello and I would recommend this place. Good service, large portions, decent Italian fare. And right outside the restaurant we caught some musical entertainment that evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom