How long do you wait to ask how much longer you have to wait for a table?

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
One thing I will never do again at Walt Disney World is go to a very popular restaurant on New Years Eve because the wait is so long even with a priority seating. The last restaurant my family & I went to on New Years Eve 2 years ago was at Boma, where we had a priority seating for 7:00 PM & I can't remember excatly but we weren't seated until just after 8:30 PM. Yes we knew that there would be a wait because of the date & how popular Boma is, but we didn't think it would be that bad. I had asked several times how much longer for our table to be ready & they kept giving me the run around saying not much longer. Anyway if you have a priority seating & have not been seated after your time has come up, how long do you wait to ask when you & your family will be seated?

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
I remember another family got fed up with waiting, so the mother went up to the desert table & took some cookies for her & her daughther, because she claimed they were hungry.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
rainfully said:
Asking a million times won't help you be moved up any further in the seating, I promise.
I realzie that but it's my right as a guest to ask. Besides there could be chance where they forget about you or accidently think you have been seated. That has never happened to my family & I at WDW, but it happened at a restaurant in Toronto when our name was crossed of a list, before we were seated.

SteveUK

I understand your frustration, but when you go to a very popular restaurant on one of the busiest nights of the year, I don't think it should come as too much of a surprise when they are busy and you have to wait.

I'm sure in these circumstances, which frankly are at least partially beyond the control of Disney, you will be treated much better in a Disney restaurant than in many other places.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
I can say I was a little shocked at how busy they were because on December 31, 2000 my family & I had priority seating for Chef Mickey's, a very popular restaurant that I am sure you will agree with me on & we were seated 10 minutes after our priority seating had gone by. So maybe in the back of my mind I thought it would have been the same thing at Boma, but I was wrong.

shoppingnut

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
I realzie that but it's my right as a guest to ask. Besides there could be chance where they forget about you or accidently think you have been seated. That has never happened to my family & I at WDW, but it happened at a restaurant in Toronto when our name was crossed of a list, before we were seated.

I totally agree with you. One time at WDW, we were waiting and it seemed to be a bit long, so we decided to go up and check, good thing because it seemed that the buzzing device we had wasn't working and they had called us so to speak. If we didn't go up we would have been there forever.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
I totally agree with you. One time at WDW, we were waiting and it seemed to be a bit long, so we decided to go up and check, good thing because it seemed that the buzzing device we had wasn't working and they had called us so to speak. If we didn't go up we would have been there forever.
That is why WDW restaurants should have a microphone to call a parties name if their buzzer does not work, because they can very easily break or malfunction.

drp4video

We have learned that it is best to eat early on New Yearks EVe after our 9:00 Priority seating didn't happen till after 11...now we eat about 5:30 or 6...and usually don't wait very long...then we just snack later.:lol:

MickeyTigg

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Anyway if you have a priority seating & have not been seated after your time has come up, how long do you wait to ask when you & your family will be seated?

I generally wait 30 minutes....and I'm very polite and pleasant when I ask. It's important to realize that if it's that busy, they don't have time for you to ask a million times or to be obnoxious.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
if you have a priority seating & have not been seated after your time has come up, how long do you wait to ask when you & your family will be seated?

15min.... but rarely have I had to wait that long to be seated. :wave:

We did do the candle light package back in DEC... and we waited about an hour to an hour and a half to be seated at Rose & Crown... I was LIVID!! After all... we had already paid for the meal... so we were a captive audience. Grrr!

Erika

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
I realzie that but it's my right as a guest to ask.
I had asked several times how much longer for our table to be ready & they kept giving me the run around saying not much longer.

Your beef is really with other guests staying too long at their tables. The staff can't exactly force them out of their seats, nor can they ask them "are you almost ready to leave?" They are not giving you the run-around. They simply don't know when people are going to get up.

kathyjacks

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:

I dont' thinks its your right to ask them over and over and over. They have the right to refuse service altogether. I wait tables at a very busy resturant in my town and people are lined up out to the parking lot so I hear this all the time . Im sorry but you know they are going to be busy if you dont' want to wait just go at an off peak time or try going to eat at odd times that many others don't want to eat at.I know its frustrating but I am sure the cm's were doing their best and they don't need you adding to their stress.:fork:

Erika

TAC said:
Why bother waiting? If you see an empty table, just sit down and the server won't know the difference.

:lol:

I was a hostess verrrrrrrrry briefly while in high school and I was shocked at how many people actually thought that way. One man was so pushy, I finally told him he was welcome to sit there, but no one would serve him (it was a closed section).

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
One big reason why the wait was so long at Boma is because our waiter said they had to many people with priority seating that night. I think he said they had over 1200 people with priority seating but I can't remember the excat number.

Yes maybe I was a little pushy with asking how much longer but tell me if what this person did made him sound like a snob? He said to the host "why do I have to wait for a table, my family & are guests at the Animal Kingom Lodge so we should be seated right away". The only thing I don't know if he & his family made a priority seating for a specific time.

Next visit to Walt Disney World: August 8-19, 2006 at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

wannab@dis

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
One big reason why the wait was so long at Boma is because our waiter said they had to many people with priority seating that night. I think he said they had over 1200 people with priority seating but I can't remember the excat number.

Yes maybe I was a little pushy with asking how much longer but tell me if what this person did made him sound like a snob? He said to the host "why do I have to wait for a table, my family & are guests at the Animal Kingom Lodge so we should be seated right away". The only thing I don't know if he & his family made a priority seating for a specific time.

Next visit to Walt Disney World: August 8-19, 2006 at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
yeah, that's pretty snobbish... it's the same as some people that claim they stay at the Contemporary so they should have more busses than the value resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom