How long before you have to get out of the park

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Several cast members walked past me and all they said to me was "Hello". Seriously, not one of them even politely asked me to move along. Not one. We got out and took the final ferry across to the parking lot again. The monorail was still going, but this was the last ferry. No one said a word to us.
Regular cast generally won't ask you to leave. It's usually those higher up the chain, with security behind them.

Retroman40

The only time costumed cast members generally will ask you to leave is during a park clear for hard ticket events like MNSSHP or MVMCP. Costumed cast may be stationed at ropes that are blocking areas that have already been cleared and work to funnel you towards an exit. For the record I was at Epcot last evening and we really took our time leaving after Illuminations. There were still people eating and drinking in special viewing areas. We walked by Mouse Gear around 10:00 and it was still open with plenty of guests.

LSUxStitch

Ex-Park Clear CM for EPCOT checking in. We'd normally call park clear of guests between 11 and midnight, if park closed at it's normal 9p.m. time. We wouldn't actually start clearing (starting in American Adventure) until 10:30.

As a photographer, 2 hours is a pretty decent time for "hanging around" after park clears in most of the parks. Magic Kingdom being the one that stays "open" later, just to the amount of guests still in the parks. I wouldn't expect to be on the outskirt lands though for that long, I'm talking mainly Main Street. The lands start closing and clearing way sooner.

We were eating dinner at 50's Prime Time at the Studios once, and strolled out about 2 hours after the park closed...They were ushering us out quickly - no loitering about! All the lights and music were still on, and we had to ride in a van back to the hotel, as the buses had stopped running...I heard one of the workers give the "all clear" message on his walkie talkie...someone responded "And tomorrow, we'll do it all over again!"

Love that memory...nary a soul there but us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom