How little spending money needed?

Jacquellie

Original Poster
I've just read some threads about people taking 100 to 200 euros a day to disneyland paris. I'm wondering if we can actually go now if it's that expensive! My plan was to buy full board meal plan for £256 and I'm done!
I know it'll be tempting, but am not planning on buying merchandise, partly because we won't have room in our cabin-sized cases.
So, I was thinking with all our food taken care of, we will really just need about 20 euros a day for a couple of coffees and/or drinks. We are two adults with a two year old daughter who won't mind if we don't shop.
I'm reckoning on 100 euros max for four days. Is that just like totally preposterous?! Anyone else managed to enjoy themselves on so small a budget? Or do I need to totally re-think? We're already booked and I'm so excited.

Macca250

If you have the meal plan then I'm sure 20 or so would do the trick. But just be weary of other costs, although this depends a lot on whether or not you're staying on site. I'd point out extra spends on obvious things like your snacks and drinks (you'll no doubt get tired with all the running about and need refueling inbetween meals, unless you bring your own), then you have your parking fees (unless you're staying on site) and if you are staying on site then just let me warn you of how much of a captive audience you are. I don't remember as much as a kettle in our hotel room so you might need a bit extra should you require anything of an evening. And of course, have a think what you might do after the parks close- there's not much, especially if you don't want to spend anything extra. You'll end up having some drinks in the village or the hotel (unless the little one needs an early one, which is very possible!!) apart from that you'll have to run past a lot of merchandise and resist the urge to grab all those mouse ears! But honestly I think once you have sorted tickets, transport and a meal plan you can make a small budget work :)

I hope you have a great time, it's a lovely place (very quaint compared to WDW), but unfortunately it is very costly as it is Europe after all. Have fun and if you manage to do the more adult attractions don't miss Phantom Manor, Space Mountain and Ratatouille! Hope this helps!

Jacquellie

Original Poster
If you have the meal plan then I'm sure 20 or so would do the trick. But just be weary of other costs, although this depends a lot on whether or not you're staying on site. I'd point out extra spends on obvious things like your snacks and drinks (you'll no doubt get tired with all the running about and need refueling inbetween meals, unless you bring your own), then you have your parking fees (unless you're staying on site) and if you are staying on site then just let me warn you of how much of a captive audience you are. I don't remember as much as a kettle in our hotel room so you might need a bit extra should you require anything of an evening. And of course, have a think what you might do after the parks close- there's not much, especially if you don't want to spend anything extra. You'll end up having some drinks in the village or the hotel (unless the little one needs an early one, which is very possible!!) apart from that you'll have to run past a lot of merchandise and resist the urge to grab all those mouse ears! But honestly I think once you have sorted tickets, transport and a meal plan you can make a small budget work :)

I hope you have a great time, it's a lovely place (very quaint compared to WDW), but unfortunately it is very costly as it is Europe after all. Have fun and if you manage to do the more adult attractions don't miss Phantom Manor, Space Mountain and Ratatouille! Hope this helps!
That is exceptionally helpful. Thanks so much for taking the time to give me such a comprehensive answer. X

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom