How late does the Magic Express run?

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
We've never used the Magical Express service because my family always rents a car when we go to Disney. For our August trip though, my sister and her bf will be flying down in the middle of our trip to meet us for a few days. She is thinking about booking a flight that'll get her into Orlando at 9:50pm, since it'll be cheaper than flying in the next morning. She and her bf were going to take the Magical Express and meet us, so we wouldn't have to take the time out to drive to the airport to pick them up. How late do the Magical Express buses run? Will they still be able to get one if they arrive at 9:50 or is that cutting it too close? Thanks!

NeverEnufDisney

Yes they run as long as plans are coming into Orlando, but do not put on the baggage tags that Disney sends or your luggage won't show up until the next day. Pick up your luggage at the carousel and then on side B is the Magical Express buses. It may take a little longer as they run fewer buses as the evening wears on and make more resort stops per bus.

Bryan Slater

If the magical bus isn't running at that time which it should. I use Bob Martinez for a pick up service and drop off. It cost 150 round trip maybe a little cheaper. Great service and save you the time at the car rental. If you like his website let me know.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
One member of my party got in really late one time and there where no Magical Express busses available. Disney put them in a taxi and pick up the tab. Great service that night.

MickeyMomV

As long as they know she is coming in late she should be fine. Last Feb we flew in at 10:45 and there was a pretty good group of people there. Luggage service will still be running at the time she arrives (it ends at 10 pm) but it can take up to 3 hours to get the bags to the room. With that in mind I would not used the yellow resort tags and just get my own baggage.

MattnMissouri

As long as they know she is coming in late she should be fine. Last Feb we flew in at 10:45 and there was a pretty good group of people there. Luggage service will still be running at the time she arrives (it ends at 10 pm) but it can take up to 3 hours to get the bags to the room. With that in mind I would not used the yellow resort tags and just get my own baggage.
Agree with this. We stayed at Pop in Oct '15 and arrived at 1930. Our luggage arrived at 0200. Not a very magical time! We will always pick up our own luggage from now on.

CaptainAmerica

Agree with this. We stayed at Pop in Oct '15 and arrived at 1930. Our luggage arrived at 0200. Not a very magical time! We will always pick up our own luggage from now on.
Is there any way to just have them hold the bags at bell services if you get in early enough where they'll pick up your bags but late enough where you don't want them delivered because you'll be asleep? We're doing a split stay with the first night in a different resort than where we'll be spending the rest of the week so we'd be taking the bag to bell services first thing the next morning anyways. What we'd like to do is carry on our overnight bag, have the big back picked up by DME and held at bell services, then have bell services deliver to the second resort.

MickeyMomV

Is there any way to just have them hold the bags at bell services if you get in early enough where they'll pick up your bags but late enough where you don't want them delivered because you'll be asleep? We're doing a split stay with the first night in a different resort than where we'll be spending the rest of the week so we'd be taking the bag to bell services first thing the next morning anyways. What we'd like to do is carry on our overnight bag, have the big back picked up by DME and held at bell services, then have bell services deliver to the second resort.
We have never tried this and I would be interested to hear what you find out. It seems like if they had tags for your second resort on them they would hold them at bell services till your room was ready (the next day in this case). If you had a package delivered a day early (Garden Grocer) wouldn't they hold it a day or two until you check in? Seems like it would be the same thing.

CaptainAmerica

We have never tried this and I would be interested to hear what you find out. It seems like if they had tags for your second resort on them they would hold them at bell services till your room was ready (the next day in this case). If you had a package delivered a day early (Garden Grocer) wouldn't they hold it a day or two until you check in? Seems like it would be the same thing.
My DME tags won't be for the second resort, they'd be for the first resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom