How late can you stay after closing?

dreamer

How late can you stay in the parks after official closing time without getting the CM's ticked? Or, how long after closing does Disney expect to have people in the parks? When do they close the cash registers in the shops?

Blizz

They wont just kick you out right away. Most resturants will seat gusts up to a half hour before park closing and will allow you to stay and dine up until about a half hour after the park officialy closes. You can always take a nice leasurly stroll out of the park, and they wont get mad. I find this best at the Magic Kingdom. Its a rush to the monorails and I find it easier to just look in some shops and take my time, then I take one of the last monorails back. At epcot they seem to allow guests even more time, as it takes a bit of a hike to get from the American adventure, for example, to the main gate.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

they keep the stores open one hour after closing--so provided, for example at the Magic Kingdom, if you are on Main Street, you can shop for an hour after official closing--the other lands close before.

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

Epcot's shops officially close at nine. But "park clear", when the last guest has left the park, it's usually around 11pm. I worked a couple of night shifts and had to wait till park clear before I could finish my job (drive around WSC :lol: ). After the fireworks are over, don't rush out of the park. Sit for a bit and you'll experience epcot as if you owned it. It's really cool!

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
Epcot's shops officially close at nine. But "park clear", when the last guest has left the park, it's usually around 11pm. I worked a couple of night shifts and had to wait till park clear before I could finish my job (drive around WSC :lol: ). After the fireworks are over, don't rush out of the park. Sit for a bit and you'll experience epcot as if you owned it. It's really cool!

Same thing with MK. All the lands close at the established time, and Custodials and security kindly push Guests towards Main Street. We'd clean out our land and then check with the Main Street crew if they needed help. They ALWAYS did, :rolleyes: so we'd go down to help them, also to the monorail and bus stations and the ferry dock. So if park hours said 10 PM, we'd leave about 11:30 PM and Main Street still had some Guests taking pictures, sitting around and what not...

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Same thing with MK. All the lands close at the established time, and Custodials and security kindly push Guests towards Main Street. We'd clean out our land and then check with the Main Street crew if they needed help. They ALWAYS did, :rolleyes: so we'd go down to help them, also to the monorail and bus stations and the ferry dock. So if park hours said 10 PM, we'd leave about 11:30 PM and Main Street still had some Guests taking pictures, sitting around and what not...
See, I kinda think that is a bit rude. I work retail and sometimes I get so angry I could cry when someone walks in at like 3 til closing and stays and stays (and usually ends up not buying anything).

I personally would not stay that late knowing that I was holding up someone's job progress. If I did that, I'd be no better that those mean people I complain about! :zipit:

Just my 0.02

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
See, I kinda think that is a bit rude. I work retail and sometimes I get so angry I could cry when someone walks in at like 3 til closing and stays and stays (and usually ends up not buying anything).

I personally would not stay that late knowing that I was holding up someone's job progress. If I did that, I'd be no better that those mean people I complain about! :zipit:

Just my 0.02

Too bad, we always wait til near closing at the Disney Parks before doing any shopping, and usually leave around an hour after closing time.

I think this is unofficially expected at Disney compared to retail anyway. :rolleyes: Plus I bet a bigger majority buys things at Disney.

What time does the park unofficially open. We went an hour and a half early (EE day) and people were still in lines when we got to Fantasyland. The employees must live there. :lol:

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Just my 0.02

Well, it has a limit, of course. As someone said before, usually Main Street stays open about an hour or so after closing. This is just so that people don't feel they have to rush out like cattle. Personally, Main Street is the best during these last hour, jusy like early in Surprise Mornings... :D

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
What time does the park unofficially open. We went an hour and a half early (EE day) and people were still in lines when we got to Fantasyland. The employees must live there. :lol:

On opening shifts, I had to be there by 7... And I was Adventure and Frontierland, we didn't open for EE! I can only imagine at what time the East crew had to be there... :lol:

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

We had one of the last seatings for dinner last year in Epcot. It was wonderful walking out with no one around. Very romantic. The security guards we did pass were VERY polite and commented how nice it was. I would suggest it. That is, if you can wait to eat that late.:slurp:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Last summer I got in line for TOT just before they stopped letting people in. The park was due to close in about 35 minutes. We waited in line for about 30 minutes until we got on. While we were on, the ride malfunctioned and stopped. We were all stranded in the ride for about a half an hour. They let us ride again. All together, it was about an hour and ten minutes, a rough hour after the park had officially closed. When we all got out and headed doun Sunset, we were really surprised how many people were still there. There was still the guy selling balloons, so I went back to get one, and a CM wouldn't let me get that far. She stopped me and told me that the park had closed and I could only walk towards the parking lot, which was surprising. They get really cranky at night, trying to get everyone out.

I am sure you can manage to stay in the park a good hour and a half after it closes.

Upvote 0

Mission: SPACE

Just my 0.02

I agree with you!!! I work at a pet shop, and I hate it when someone comes in just as we get ready to lock the door, then needs help and information, all while I'm trying to finish what needs to be done so I can go home. Then the person gets the facts that they need, and walks out the door without spending a dime... FRUSTRATING!!!
However, given the choice, I would like to stay in the parks as late as possible. Just to see it empty, without the mad rush of the morning pushing you out of the way!

Upvote 0

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by crazygirley
Last summer I got in line for TOT just before they stopped letting people in. The park was due to close in about 35 minutes. We waited in line for about 30 minutes until we got on. While we were on, the ride malfunctioned and stopped. We were all stranded in the ride for about a half an hour. They let us ride again. All together, it was about an hour and ten minutes, a rough hour after the park had officially closed. When we all got out and headed doun Sunset, we were really surprised how many people were still there. There was still the guy selling balloons, so I went back to get one, and a CM wouldn't let me get that far. She stopped me and told me that the park had closed and I could only walk towards the parking lot, which was surprising. They get really cranky at night, trying to get everyone out.

I am sure you can manage to stay in the park a good hour and a half after it closes.

I have another similar story...

It was my birthday, and I was at MGM... I love Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and the park was open until 10 that night. Well, I'm running underneath the RnRC sign and dash past the guitar to the entrance. When I get there, the guy lets these people in and closes the queue, when I'm twenty feet away. I run up to him, he says that the line is closed. I had on the "It's my Birthday!" button, and I don't know if he noticed it, but I begged with him and told him it was my birthday... he still said sorry... then I'm ready to get down on my knees, and then he tells me to follow him. So we start walking in the wrong direction, but I ask no questions. We walk into Rock Around the Shop, and back to the ride exit. He takes me through the chicken door and says, "Here you go." and gives the guy working the ride instructions to give me front.

Now that's what I call FIRST CLASS DISNEY!!! :p

Upvote 0

SirNim

Originally posted by TaborDude
I have another similar story...

It was my birthday, and I was at MGM... I love Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and the park was open until 10 that night. Well, I'm running underneath the RnRC sign and dash past the guitar to the entrance. When I get there, the guy lets these people in and closes the queue, when I'm twenty feet away. I run up to him, he says that the line is closed. I had on the "It's my Birthday!" button, and I don't know if he noticed it, but I begged with him and told him it was my birthday... he still said sorry... then I'm ready to get down on my knees, and then he tells me to follow him. So we start walking in the wrong direction, but I ask no questions. We walk into Rock Around the Shop, and back to the ride exit. He takes me through the chicken door and says, "Here you go." and gives the guy working the ride instructions to give me front.

Now that's what I call FIRST CLASS DISNEY!!! :p

:sohappy: That's what I call Friendliness at a time of certain Inconvenience (for the CM).
:D

Upvote 0

Dwarful

ok here is my question:
do any CM's that work closing expect to get out of the park at closing time or are they schedueled an additional hour or two?

Disney is very different than a retail shop that is not with a theme park of any kind. I know for a fact that the Post Office closes its doors at 5pm but the clerks are there until 6pm sorting mail, counting stamp stock, cashing out their drawer etc. Most post offices are closed on Sundays but there are still people working,

My point is I don't think CM's really consider people to be rude for being in park an hour or so after closing, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Dwarful
ok here is my question:
do any CM's that work closing expect to get out of the park at closing time or are they schedueled an additional hour or two?

I was scheduled for an extra hour on closing shifts. At least for Custodials that's how it works. I suppose it's the same for Attractions. Now, let's my shift ended at 4 PM. Sometimes, managers would come and ask if I wanted to close. So those were some extra hours in the pocket. :D Likewise, sometimes I had closing and they'd let us clock out an hour or so earlier if it was really slow.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom