How far would you drive the morning of your cruise?

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Forward thinking since it is far cheaper for us to drive to WDW/Port Canaveral (~$200 round trip + parking vs ~$800-$1,000 for airfare and transfers). Where would you stay if you could not make it all the way down the day before?

It is a ~9-hour drive for us. We would be leaving around 3:30PM. We could be in Jacksonville by 10PM leaving a 2-hour drive the next morning. I would say we would be on the road again no later than 7AM. Our plan would be to park at one of the non-Disney parking facilities and use their transportation to the ship.

wdwstateofmind

If this is being done on a weekday then you are severely underestimating the power of Florida traffic. If it's a weekend it really doesn't matter.

EOD K9

If this is being done on a weekday then you are severely underestimating the power of Florida traffic. If it's a weekend it really doesn't matter.
With a two hour drive, and even a three hour delay, they would still be there by noon. All aboard is at 345, there is still plenty of wiggle room. I just wouldn't want to sit in that much traffic.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
If we did this, it would be a Friday night drive with a Saturday morning finish. If we wind up doing a 7-day WDW and 7-day cruise, my plan would be to do the cruise the second week of the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom