How far in advance (FP+)

SW_matt

Original Poster
Myself and my family are coming back to WDW for the first time since the introduction of FP+. I have been reading that people are making selections weeks in advance!!! This is something that we just do not do and the beauty of WDW for us is making plans on the fly and heading wherever we feel like on the day.I was hoping to do FP+ on the morning of or even the day before.

if we were to do this are we likely to miss out big time? We are all over 20 so have zero interest in character meet and greets but would still like to do all of the rides/shows etc.

EDIT: should add we are coming oct 23rd into the end of the 1st week of november

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you aren't picky about attractions and available time slots offered, you can wait until the day of/night before to make your selections, especially at MK. However, there will likely be limited availability (and probably no availability) for 7DMT, Toy Story Mania, Soarin', Test Track, and preferred viewing for Wishes, Festival of Fantasy and Illuminations. (Since you don't care about character meet and greets I did not include those.)

The size of your party matters also. If 4 or less, you will have more options. If greater than 4, you may have to split your party and settle for time slots that overlap when making your selections.

You should be fine using standby for all shows.

But the early bird does get the worm. If certain attractions are must-sees and you don't want an hour plus wait, booking as early as you can is important.

SAV

The beauty of the system is that nobody "has" to use it. You are free to do Stand-by if you don't wan to plan ahead. As it has been said, you will be able to get some things the night before and day of, but some you will not be able to get.

Chezman1399

My suggestion would be to pick the attractions you guys want to do at the 30 or 60 mark That you expect to have long lines. You can always change on the day of or alter your plans, but at least if you lock down the popular/long line stuff now, you'll at least have the fastpasses. If you don't then you'll probably only be able to get FP+'s for rides you may not need it for.

One of the first times I was using the system, I had a Splash Mountain FP, but I walked on it that morning, so when we decided we wanted to go on HM and it had a half hour wait, I just pulled my phone out and swapped the SM for HM and we walked right on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom