How does the dragon at Fantasmic! work?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I am guessing, but I think people who might think the Dragon looked or acted differently might be thinking of the critter from Splashtacular at Epcot. It was another big long necked thing with wings.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I am guessing, but I think people who might think the Dragon looked or acted differently might be thinking of the critter from Splashtacular at Epcot. It was another big long necked thing with wings.
In my case, the dragon wasn't there when we saw Fantasmic!, but I gather that may have been because it was quite windy.

Wannabe Walt

The promo material is computerized. That dragon hasn't ever existed, although it would be awesome if it did. Personally, I think a huge robotic Chernabog for the Night on Bald Mountain scene would be awesome too!

Shere_Khan

Does anyone have links to pictures of the promo dragon. I remember I used to see pictures of it before I had ever went to WDW and thought that is looked so real that I would be scared.
Of course when I saw the show it wasn't quite like that.

DisneyDuranie

ViperPitsFilly said:
Excuse me but I would like to learn more about the new one. The one that collapsed on stage in 2010
That Dragon is in Disneylands version of Fantasmic. Florida still has its original.

-Rob
Disneyland’s dragon was named Murphy (for Murphy’s law, because it was notoriously finicky and consistently refused to work properly…. Things were literally always going wrong— nearly every show, although not all problems were visible to the public)

Sadly, Murphy died a spectacular death in a 🔥 stage fire 🔥 during a Fantasmic! performance shortly after the show’s return following the pandemic closure (which lasted 14? months, maybe 16? Much longer than WDW…) I think at least one stagehand was also severely burned in the incident. Many sustained minor injuries.

Fantasmic! has remained on hiatus since then (May 2023, iirc). When it returns in Spring of 2024, it will reportedly do so without the dragon— at least until Imagineers can dream up a flame-proof version, assuming they’re even trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom