How does one book the BOG?

gwklam

Original Poster
So I'm still more than 180 days out from the trip.

I have no booked a hotel yet cause the Disney website doesn't have the dates I want, for January 13-19, 2018. However I can already see the pricing for those dates.

So just for testing, I went to the BOG page when I accidentally woke up 5am my time (which is about 8am Disneyworld time), selected the last available selectable date (November 22, 2017), and all breakfast/lunch/dinner had no availability. I'm worried once it comes to my 180 days out I will not be able to book the BOG.

How do you guys book these restaurants?

jgj123

You have to call or use the website at the 180 day mark.

With a reservation at a Disney resort hotel you get 180 + the length of your stay up to 10 additional days, so you can book up to 190 days out.

Many people staying on the grounds book BOG on a day later than 180 due to its popularity.

So without a confirmed reservation, you are stuck at 180 days and have to check each day.

Just looking at what's available for a party of 4 at 180 days out, it looks like Thanksgiving week is going to be a bit busier than in the recent past.

belledream

The current time frame of 180 days out is also a busy time for Disney itself, with the free dining promotion going on. So lots of people will be booking ADRs at the moment. However, your time frame of Jan. has potential to be a bit of a slower time, so don't stress about what you see now vs. what you could potentially get in a few months once all the madness is over.

Would still recommend you check first thing in the morning when your 180 mark comes though. :)

JIMINYCR

Plan on being up early to start the booking process the moment the clock ticks over and try both online and by phone. If you dont succeed keep trying every day, multiple times a day. BOG is extremely popular and everyones competing to get this as one of their most wanted ADR's. Some reservations do get cancelled or changed so you might be fortunate to be online or call at the right time when a reservation comes up. Free Dining promotions really slam the door shut on ADR's with extra heavy bookings so whenever theres one going on youll find less reservations available.
Also it helps to get online and do a test run on the ADR site so you are very familiar with the process so when the proper time comes around youre not flustered and dont know what to do.

DisAl

A little clarification on the ability to book 190 days out. You can not book anything until 180 days from your arrival, but once you hit the 180 day mark you can book for your whole stay up to an additional 10 days. Also don't forget that BOG breakfast and lunch reservations are quick service and and dinner is table service even though all the meals are served at your table.
I have a while to wait on my reservations, we are at 369 days out....

So I'm still more than 180 days out from the trip.

I have no booked a hotel yet cause the Disney website doesn't have the dates I want, for January 13-19, 2018. However I can already see the pricing for those dates.

So just for testing, I went to the BOG page when I accidentally woke up 5am my time (which is about 8am Disneyworld time), selected the last available selectable date (November 22, 2017), and all breakfast/lunch/dinner had no availability. I'm worried once it comes to my 180 days out I will not be able to book the BOG.

Im heading to WDW in 5 days, booked the trip 2 weeks ago. Was able to find a reservation for a BOG lunch and a BOG breakfast :) Just keep checking back

Whilst a reservation this far in advance would put your mind at ease I wouldn't worry too much. The first time I went over Easter break and my family and I (5 of us) walked in no problem for lunch, the second time we went in Summer as a group of seven and we could only get reservations for 4 of us (booking the night before) but on the day they let in all 7 of us anyway.

carriebeth

Just to let you know, lunch and breakfast are much easier to get reservations for as opposed to dinner. So if you just want the chance to eat inside and check the place out, that could be a good option. Also, breakfast and lunch count as counter service meals so it saves you another table service that you can use somewhere else.

gwklam

Original Poster
Just to let you know, lunch and breakfast are much easier to get reservations for as opposed to dinner. So if you just want the chance to eat inside and check the place out, that could be a good option. Also, breakfast and lunch count as counter service meals so it saves you another table service that you can use somewhere else.

I primary, I guess a lot of people are like this too, just want to look around at the scenic architecture and theming, as well as greeting the beast in his lair (I hear he only appear's during dinner time.) The food quality itself is not too important too me, assuming it's decent and doesn't magically turn me into a cursed accessory haha..

So I have a 5 day ticket, so since I'm planning to do Magic Kingdom twice, first day and last, I can book Jan 18(disney park days are 14-18, my disney stay is 13-19) at the 180 day mark (July 18)?
I'm only concerned, but Disney should be smart enough to allow me to book Hotels before then correct? or do I need to call in? Hoping for Pop Century.

carriebeth

Disney should be smart enough to allow me to book Hotels before then correct?

You don't have to wait till 180 days to book a resort. If you want Pop Century and have not booked you had better call today. If you want anywhere you had better call today. DIsney resorts can book up pretty fast

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Booking at the 180 day mark helps, but even at that, have some flexibility. I booked at the 180 day mark (we wanted dinner specifically) and while some days (especially the weekends) were completely booked up except for very late or very early reservations, there were one or two days that still had many prime times (between 5 and 7 pm) open without issue. We got a Thursday at 5:30 pm.

DisAl

You don't have to wait till 180 days to book a resort. If you want Pop Century and have not booked you had better call today. If you want anywhere you had better call today. DIsney resorts can book up pretty fast
Seems like I read somewhere that you could book a room only reservation as far out as 499 days. I know you can book at at least 391 because we just did. You can't see the rooms online past December of this year right now but the cast members on the reservation lines can.
You can convert to a package with dining when the package prices come out later. For 2018 they will probably come out some time in late June or July. Like carriebeth said, if you have not already booked your rooms do it ASAP.

danyoung56

If you don't get what you want, keep on trying. Disney is always opening up more inventory, and people cancel ADRs as their plans firm up. Keep at it - you should eventually get what you want!

Greg H

Lots of good advice above. You should have an easier time getting what you want for that time of year. Getting on early, as soon as your window opens, is a good idea as well... Online reservations open at 6 am. I would add that, in our experience, things really open up again at the 60 day and 30 day window periods as people are getting their fast passes set and plans change. We have also found that in the 24 hours leading up to when we want the reservation there is almost always availability. Lots of people cancel at the last minute. You can also use Touring Plans reservation finder. We have had lots of luck with this. Have fun!

Roakor

another good time to book is about 2-3 days before you want to go. the reason being is many people book reservations to hold the spot, just incase they decided to go. Then cancel before they have to pay the fee for cancellation. Its by no means a sure thing but if you find yourself without a reservation then make sure you check, constantly, about 2-3 days before you want to go and see if something has opened up. and if it does jump on it ASAP, it won't be there long.

MSC

Is it possible to walk up in the morning and make a reservation for later in the day (dinner)? Do they hold any reservations back for walk ups? That's how we would do the Castle back in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom