How do you share your trip photos?

Gig 'Em Mickey

How do some of y'all upload multiple sizes to flickr? Sometimes when I look at y'all's photos I want to look at a larger size and it lists out like 20 different sizes. When I upload it just has one size.

seafoodbuffet

How do some of y'all upload multiple sizes to flickr? Sometimes when I look at y'all's photos I want to look at a larger size and it lists out like 20 different sizes. When I upload it just has one size.

You generally just upload at full-resolution and flickr will take care of providing all of the smaller sizes automatically.

gsrjedi

I also use Flickr on my own blog and have it generate the HTML code I can stick directly into a post. Seems to work out pretty well.

NowInc

As stated above, just upload the largest file you have. You get 1tb for free so space shouldn't really be an issue. From there, Flickr will automatically generate all the other sizes for you :)

KeithVH

Original Poster
I dunno about uploading full sized shots. Way back when access to plentiful, good digital images was still somewhat new, I had three different images used w/o permission. I know things have changed now with everyone posting everything they've ever shot, but I'm thinking why make it easy for those lazy, cheap people who would abuse your IP?

seafoodbuffet

I dunno about uploading full sized shots. Way back when access to plentiful, good digital images was still somewhat new, I had three different images used w/o permission. I know things have changed now with everyone posting everything they've ever shot, but I'm thinking why make it easy for those lazy, cheap people who would abuse your IP?

I've never been paid for any of my photographs but generally, whenever I post images, I make it well known that I am freely giving permission for people to use them for non-commercial purposes (e.g. the creative commons non-commercial license).

Generally, I'd be so flattered that anyone were interested in my work that I wouldn't mind it being used as long as it wasn't being used to generate income without my permission.

If someone DOES use something in flagrant violate of the license, then you always have recourse.

Finally, what I don't like is the watermarking that's becoming common amongst posted images. Something so eloquently explained by this DigitalRev video:

The editor keeps trying to embed the video, the specific thing to which I'm referring starts at 1:50

NowInc

Even if you upload a lower resolution image, it will get stolen (Instagram is full of stolen images, ESPECIALLY in the Disney Photo circles). Best you can do is do routine reverse images searches with your stuff and find where its being posted, and try to get it taken care of. The only way to make sure no one is using your stuff...is to not post it at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom