how do you REALLY have to dress at a signature?

LongLiveTheKing

It was a joke, like "you shouldnt even own cargo shorts, let alone wear them to a nice restaurant." But we live in a culture where people wear pajamas on airplanes, so there you go...
Also these in the attatched image (first part of the name is getting censored) although truthfully I've never seen them as some sort of faux pas
You mean those long jean shorts? Soooo 90's! :D
I think jorts are jean shorts based on google, which I am packing a pair of for my trip to Disneyland in six hours :x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 37

danyoung56

I guess I just don't understand the problem with cargo shorts. I've actually tried to be observant over the weekend, and I've seen dozens of men (and women!) wearing them. If it's an out of date style, there's a whole bunch of us who never got the message!

DfromATX

I guess I just don't understand the problem with cargo shorts. I've actually tried to be observant over the weekend, and I've seen dozens of men (and women!) wearing them. If it's an out of date style, there's a whole bunch of us who never got the message!

Nothing's wrong with cargo shorts. Lots of people wear them. He was only joking.

danyoung56

He wasn't the only one on this thread. There was enough comment on it to where I went online and did a bit of research, and it does appear to be a thing. I'm not at all offended, and I will continue to wear what I feel like wearing. It's just interesting to me that there seems to be an anti-cargo shorts movement.

Hockey89

He wasn't the only one on this thread. There was enough comment on it to where I went online and did a bit of research, and it does appear to be a thing. I'm not at all offended, and I will continue to wear what I feel like wearing. It's just interesting to me that there seems to be an anti-cargo shorts movement.
I don't know a single guy that still wears them. Went out of style many moons ago, but if you like them where them...

DfromATX

It's funny how these things kind of sneak up on you. Most young guys don't wear them. Older guys do because they were in style when they were younger. I've never seem women wear them. Women's clothing tends to be more fitted these days. I agree they are practical at Disney - better than lugging around a backpack. Besides, how else will my husband store all our stuff? ;)

danyoung56

I don't know a single guy that still wears them. Went out of style many moons ago, but if you like them where them...

I can only go with what I see. And I see many folks wearing them, people of all ages. So while some obviously ain't into 'em, I'll keep on wearing mine.

Hockey89

I can only go with what I see. And I see many folks wearing them, people of all ages. So while some obviously ain't into 'em, I'll keep on wearing mine.
Agreed, but living in Boston/NYC for years...I could not tell you the last time I saw friends or anybody wearing them... But people do in your area...

DfromATX

I have a theory... I see you are also in Texas. Maybe men here still wear them. I work in an office building and just a few minutes ago saw a man delivering some furniture wearing cargo shorts. I came back to this just to tell you that.

danyoung56

Hey, we Texans gotta stick together! I'll be sure to be observant on my next WDW trip to see if I'm standing out as a fashion mistake or if there are plenty of other fashion fools like me!

DfromATX

Hey, we Texans gotta stick together! I'll be sure to be observant on my next WDW trip to see if I'm standing out as a fashion mistake or if there are plenty of other fashion fools like me!

Ha ha! I know! You've got me looking at all men's shorts now.

danyoung56

This has been a really interesting research session. We've been batting it around at work, and it's pretty much split in half, with us older folks pro-cargo and the younger pups against. I also did some online research, and I guess there are people out there that are REALLY anti-cargo shorts. But as long as there are plenty of folks who don't understand what the fuss is about, I'll keep on being comfortable (and out of style!).

Sorry for the thread hijack.

GeoDonJac34

I have one or two pair of cargo shorts in my closet. We just came back form vacation and when I was packing for our trip, my wife told me not to pack any of them. Still wear around town though.

Mongomil

Wait so what?? Now my cargo shorts are being attacked. Gezzz first it was my fannypack now my cargo shorts well which one you want me to wear?

danyoung

I'm in my pre-WDW training days, and am trying to get out and walk a couple miles at a time. I did this at our local supermall a few days ago, and was extra observant to see what people were wearing. In my 40 minutes of walking, I saw 42 folks wearing cargo shorts. And the demographic went from old dudes wearing shorts and sandels to teens to little kids and their dads. I don't think they're as out of fashion as some would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom