How do you choose your WDW resort?

cbettua

$$$ for sure! But I try hard to save for a moderate. I am sure I would be partial to Deluxe's if I could afford one :)

JasonDeyoung

I pick my resort by time of year, what I'm going to Disney for, who I'm with and how much time I'll truly be at the resort. Like example summertime I spend a lot of time at the resort pool, breaks and downtown Disney so I'll go to FQ plus I love Epcot so if I'm there for say F & W festival again FQ being right next to Epcot. If I'm going for an event say Halloween or Xmas obv I'll be at mk the most so I'll do one of the deluxe just for convience and being an AP I get a pretty good discount. If it's for a rundisney race then it'll be a host resort which I did AKL last time since the race was at AK. Another big reason is comfort, I stay at FQ quite a bit and know I'll always get great experiences and service it's kinda my "home resort" but I am at the point now where I am trying each resort once if available. Can't really go wrong with any of then. I'm yet to have a bad experience *knocks on wood*

Last edited:

BigRedDad

Wife just decided she wanted to go for her 40th. It is only 3 of us, so we do not have the space restrictions as others. For us, a room is for sleeping and showering. We do not need to pay for all of the other luxuries of a deluxe and moderates if there is no discount. If we want those luxuries, we just visit the resort and get them for free.

If money were no object, I would stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary.

disneyfirstLJ

For me $$$ is the first factor but not the only factor. My daughter and I stayed at AoA our first trip because the price was right and the theming was right up my daughter's ally. We could have stayed at POP for less money but we were not overly excited about that resort so we picked AoA. We are going again in April and right now we are planning to stay at AoA again. We had such a great time there but if a deal I can't pass up comes along we might switch to a different resort. I would love to stay at a Deluxe but it just isn't in the cards for us right now. Someday...

mammaminnie

We often try to book a different resort every trip. If that isn't possible or can't be done, we shoot for EPCOT resorts because that is our favorite park. Our top among them is Yacht and Beach Clubs for Stormalong Bay!

surfsupdon

Whichever Deluxe Epcot Resort we can get for the cheapest price, based on available discounts.

We are always disappointed when we stay at a MK Deluxe, so we really do shoot for an Epcot. And bleh for AKL -- just not for me, but I am glad many people like it.

RiceCrispyMickey

We always just go for what makes financial sense at the time. For our first trip we stayed in All Star Sports as we couldnt afford that much, and it was awsome! The next time we went we did the Maths and with the UK offers of free dining and 25% off on at that time for SSR and OKW it was just as cheap to stay in SSR so we did that! It doesnt matter to me whether its Value, Mod or Deluxe, I love all WDW hotels and think they are each awsome and unique in there own ways. I hope I can stay in them all!!

PolynesianPrincess

We usually use a few things to determine our resort. First off is the price and what discounts are available. If we can afford a deluxe and a good discount is available, we usually go that way. Sometimes we try and rent DVC points. Doing that, so far, we have been able to stay at VWL and BWV. We also look at trying out places we have never tried before. This fall after our cruise we will be staying 2 nights at POFQ for the first time. Eventually we want to stay everywhere on property at least once! :)

Aquira

For me price and the bus are the main considerations. I wanted the cheapest possible while having a hotel taut didn't share a bus, so I am hoping for pop century. Not considering price, I'm not sure where I would stay. Of course it would be amazing to stay at a deluxe or even moderate resort, but I feel that money is very hard to come by for me and everything I can save is important. I'd love to be at a point where I could not feel guilty staying in a nice hotel, but even if I had money I'm not sure I could look back on my years of saving for a value resort and not feel bad "wasting" money. As it stands, I'm just desperately hoping for Pop.

smk

I have stayed at all levels of resorts and have yet to find anything that draws me away from a resort like a value. I love the values, love the rooms, just right for us two and IF we take family we get more rooms. So I guess I would say I make my choice based on where I want to stay and how often I want to go. If my vacation were to Europe I would look at rooms,reviews and star ratings. However, in Florida, at WDW I trust I will get quality and if I don't I will speak up and get what I paid for, a clean room. I honestly believe that a vacation is what you make of it, not the hotel room picked.

RScottyL

For us, it has been based on $$$$!

We stayed in the value resort because we knew we would be spending pretty much most of our time at the parks, and very little time using the hotel services.

If you stay longer than you are going to the parks, then you might want to get a nicer hotel to enjoy their amenities!

Disneykidder

I am a DVC member so points is a considering factor but when I wasn't, it was money and also size. We are a family of 5.

I show my children pics of my top choices. (They have been a good amount of times so they know most of the resorts.) I have them choose. We go over amenities and activities/proximity to the parks and let them choose. It makes them feel involved in our trips and I am always happy with their choices. :)

HollyAD

It depends on what deals are taking place at the time. Our next trip is AoA just because I really really wanted to stay there! I do have a love for the overly themed value resorts since I have a 5 yo son. Originally I had booked us two Little Mermaid rooms. However, the room discount came out and it was about the same price for us to have a Cars Suite and we could all be together. Also, the suites are closer to the main building for my Mom who has a foot issue. I was totally excited to have a suite for a cheaper price.

I do have a love for the Lodges... If a room discount comes out and there are only 4 of us going it would be AKL or WL for us! I know it is nice to be near the parks like Contemporary or Poly but for me its not always worth it. We have tried many resorts; yacht club, dolphin, CBR, all values except AoA, CSR, PORQ, SSR. But none of those hold up to the lodges in my mind. If the price is right...you will know where to find me!

dissupermom

money and time are my factors! I'd rather stay at a value (Pop) for a longer vacation than stay a shorter time at a moderate/deluxe. I spent $3300 for 12 nights at Pop in May (tix/DP included) for 2 and will pay $4000 for 11 nights for 3 for Christmas (tix/DP included). if I stayed deluxe, the time spent there would be cut in half or more..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom