How do you add a little Disney Park magic to your Christmas?

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
For years, we have added Mickey and Disney to our Christmas celebrations. I really love the lights, and this year we have decided to kick it up a notch, to say goodbye to the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, which we love so much, it inspired our hand drawn lights and Hidden Mickey's. This one, the last one, I think was the best, a total accident, just Mickey and Minnie shining thru the window, in my Disney room, as we were hooking up the lights. :) Adding more photos, post Your Disney Christmas Pics!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Our whole house is decorated in Disney for Christmas. We have probably close to 100 ornaments and the other day I actually got a Mickey's Christmas Carol set because it's my favorite thing ever from Disney. I am also an ENORMOUS Scrooge McDuck fan, as I'm sure you can probably guess from my screen name alone. So I really cherish my Scrooge McDuck Christmas stuff. You can find the Mickey's Christmas Carol figurine set at CVS pharmacies for $20. Very good deal.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Our whole house is decorated in Disney for Christmas. We have probably close to 100 ornaments and the other day I actually got a Mickey's Christmas Carol set because it's my favorite thing ever from Disney. I am also an ENORMOUS Scrooge McDuck fan, as I'm sure you can probably guess from my screen name alone. So I really cherish my Scrooge McDuck Christmas stuff. You can find the Mickey's Christmas Carol figurine set at CVS pharmacies for $20. Very good deal.
Totally agree with you! Best ever Meet and greet: 2009 DH & Scrooge arguing over a dollar! Will check CVS, thanks for the tip! :)
image.jpeg

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Totally agree with you! Best ever Meet and greet: 2009 DH & Scrooge arguing over a dollar! Will check CVS, thanks for the tip! :) View attachment 120563
Yeah it's my dream to meet Uncle Scrooge. I work at UPS and it's almost impossible for us to get down there while he's doing meet and greets. What I'm hoping though is that when Ducktales relaunches in 2017 that it will bring him back out in the parks. I'm wearing a Ducktales shirt right now actually. LOL! You're welcome on that tip. Hopefully you can get that set. It has Scrooge, Tiny Tim, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and a fireplace.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Yeah it's my dream to meet Uncle Scrooge. I work at UPS and it's almost impossible for us to get down there while he's doing meet and greets. What I'm hoping though is that when Ducktales relaunches in 2017 that it will bring him back out in the parks. I'm wearing a Ducktales shirt right now actually. LOL! You're welcome on that tip. Hopefully you can get that set. It has Scrooge, Tiny Tim, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and a fireplace.
We only got to see him that one time. We had been for Christmas in 98 2000 but were thrilled to meet him. I am so excited, Mickey's Christmas Carol is my fave, so hope we can find it. My DH makes amazing characters out of lights, which I will post, I asked for Scrooge or Donald this year, so if he does a new one will be sure to post, we go all out, inside and out, and are just getting started. :) post pics of your decorations!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

We only got to see him that one time. We had been for Christmas in 98 2000 but were thrilled to meet him. I am so excited, Mickey's Christmas Carol is my fave, so hope we can find it. My DH makes amazing characters out of lights, which I will post, I asked for Scrooge or Donald this year, so if he does a new one will be sure to post, we go all out, inside and out, and are just getting started. :) post pics of your decorations!
Well I'd like to post some pics but my wife is the "tech savvy" one in the house so I will have to get her to do it. LOL! I've looked for that set for you online but I can't find it. There are others you can get but I've not been able to find the one I found the other day. They had like 3 of them and I got only one. I live in Knoxville TN but surely they have them in all their stores. If you need me to I could stop there and ask them if they'd be willing to ship it to you. I'm sure they probably would.

yensid67

In celebration of my UPCOMING WDW trip in 2017, I will be decorating my outside patio of my apartment with multi-colored light, representing the colors of the Disney Characters and a Mickey Head, similar to the one that hangs at the Contemporary(or use to?) I had it up for my last trip and had it lit in White, but this year I switched it up and its lighted in RED! Once I turn the lights on, I will post a pic if I can get one!. The next 2 years(2016 & 2017) I will be putting up a White tree, with multi-colored lights, Disney ornaments, and / or red and black ornaments. But that a whole year away, I may change my mind and buy something else by then! LOL!

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Mostly it's ornaments that are Disney Related..My favorite is one that came from Hallmark a few years ago. While it's more to promote Cinderella (IMO I think it was to Promote WDW) the ornament plays "When you wish upon a star" oddly enough it's the version that plays in the MK front gate loop and it shoots fireworks just like the park...

mf1972

our tree is usually 90-95% Disney ornaments. sometimes we'll mail out Disney themed Christmas cards or wrap gifts in Disney themed wrapping paper.

My family has a really old set of Disney ornaments. We hang them every year. Also a new tradition is that midnight on Thanksgiving, we load up YouTube on our Playstation 3 and watch World of Color: Winter Dreams.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Ornaments and a monorail circling the tree (complete with resorts!)

Sometimes I try to convince myself that I'm not That Crazy Disney Person to most people in my life. Then I realize I am wrong.
I have always wanted to do the monorail, how we haven't yet, I do not know. What you said so sums me up! I am the crazy Disney person in my family and neighborhood but hey, that is okay. We are happy, crazy Disney people! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
image.jpeg
We are mostly working in the outside right now, my wreath is up and my favorites, Mickey and Goofy, each measuring in at 4 feet tall, made by my sweet hubby. We are working on our purple cat and a few extra hidden Mickeys. :)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

POLY LOVER

I visit the town of celebration minutes from Disney, they transform the town into a Christmas village complete with snow and horse drawn carriages . Mr. And Mrs. Clause have their own home in the town center. We have drinks and dinner and take in the atmosphere. If time permits we stop in the Gaylord palms hotel and its spectacular
th[4].jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom