How do we feel about Crystal Palace?

I am Timmy

We love both Crystal Palace and LTT. We love them for what they are which is not signature restaurants. We go for the good food, variety, and the atmosphere and service. We don't go for the absolute best meal of our lives because we're not paying for that. It's very good and we've never had bad experiences. We feel the prices match the value. Attitude is everything. Go and try either and if you hate it, never go back. Others will always have opinions, both positive and negative but only you can decide for yourself and family. Enjoy your trip.
It's your average buffet, which is perfectly fine. We love LTT and CP for their ambiance and Disney spirit, and the food is good. We're not foodies, but do enjoy the overall experience of a restaurant and these deliver. Though my kids are grown now, the pooh characters running around the place does add to the Disney magic, even if we wave them by the table now. The inside of both are beautiful in different ways, so we like that part of the experience as well.

I am Timmy

Whispering Canyon Cafe is a must have on our trips. Often make it for breakfast and a dinner.
My kids always sell me out here, and I end up running around the place on horse yelling "it's my birthday!", or I'm the only one delivering ALL our ketchup to another table, or I have to ask for the straws so I end up getting all our straws thrown at ME, or I order an iced tea and they deliver it in a cup two inches tall, so when I ask for a refill they bring it in a bucket so I'll stop asking for refills, and the list goes on. Oh yeah, we love that place! And the food is great, too. And the shakes of many flavors with the three foot straw. Too funny!

Princess Kaylee

I got some very mixed reviews in my other thread about dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Is Crystal Palace any better? Also, we have no really young kids in our group so seeing the characters won't matter to us.

Thanks in advance!

I have done almost every character meal in WDW and my favorite is Crystal Palace. We have a teen in our family and she loves it. Ages don't matter in Disney, try it. I guarantee you will love it.

steviej

I'll take Crystal Palace over LTT.

I'm a huge steak lover, not a big prime rib lover, but Crystal Palace's prime rib is to die for. I would eat an entire roast of it myself. And the coconut flan is incredible.

Wouldn't be a close decision anywhere in my book

Walter Elias Disney

You're mainly paying a higher fee for characters. I would definitely look at options throughout the resort instead of settling for a character experience. Options at Disney Springs are unbelievable! Animal Kingdom Lodge dining is an experience and welcoming to the taste buds.

Schneewittchen

It works for my family. We eat at the Crystal Palace for dinner on our first MK day, every visit.

The seats are comfy, the AC works, the buffet provides plenty of variety and we've never felt rushed. And both kids loved Pooh as infants. My soon to be 5 year old still sleeps with her ratty, filthy WinPooh stuffie every night.

I usually steer clear of buffets for fear of food poisoning, but Disney seems to know what they're doing. Their buffet food seems to be held at the right temperature and I've never gotten sick. Crystal Palace specifically - nothing about the food really stands out. I seem to recall some sort of carved meat, salads, carbs, vegetables, nice desserts, ice cream, etc.

I figure we'll keep going until the kids revolt and insist on something different. For me, it's a reliable place to meet some beloved characters and recharge before our evening activities.

DisneyJunkie

Crystal Palace is always a must-do for us, but.....only for breakfast. Lunch and dinner are generally mis-fires, but their breakfast is really good.

EvilQueen-T

We took the kids because of the characters. Breakfast was fine for us but it's standard to all the other breakfast buffets, nothing overly outstanding. Dinner we really didn't like the food and if you're not going for the characters it's just an expensive so so buffet imo. Have you considered any of the MK area resorts? We often hit them for dinner on our MK days by either monorail or boat...super easy.

macefamily

It's a good buffet, but now that my kids have grown and they're considered adults, it's way out of my price range. For the dinner buffet, I think it's $40-$45 per person. Two of my kids are not big eaters, so I'd be paying for $80 for two plates of chicken fingers and fries.

Minnesota disney fan

It's a good buffet, but now that my kids have grown and they're considered adults, it's way out of my price range. For the dinner buffet, I think it's $40-$45 per person. Two of my kids are not big eaters, so I'd be paying for $80 for two plates of chicken fingers and fries.

It's $40.00 each for lunch buffet too. My husband and I scheduled lunch there never even checking the price. We had always had the diningplan, so? We were disappointed in the price, ending up over $80.00, and the luke warm food and the quality of the food. Of course, it's all about the characters, which were pretty darn cute. I love Eeyore and Piglet:) So, if characters are what you want, it's okay, but for us it was a very expensive mistake.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Based upon raves from friends about Crystal Palace, we booked dinner one night. The restaurant looks nice from the outside, but inside it's loud, very loud and not that appealing. The food was the typical Disney buffet....the same horrible buffet we ate at Hollywood and Vine. Character interactions were good - most came by our table twice during dinner. We've not bothered to eat there again, mainly because of the food. Frankly, I'd rather fight for a place to sit at Casey's than eat at Crystal Palace....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom