How do they police the mnsshp?

This may seem like a very strange question but how do disney police the parties? If we are in mk during the day how do they ensure that we are out and not able to watch the parade and fireworks?
Thanks

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Shortly before the 7 p.m. regular closing, a park-wide announcement is made that it is time to leave so that MNSSHP can begin (if tickets are available for that night's party, the announcement will say so.) Party attendees are given paper wrist bracelets to wear, and CMs all over the park direct non-wearers to the exit. Are there people who covertly stay in the park? Probably. But the CMs and security guards do a pretty good job of clearing the park of day guests.

Upvote 0

jazzinator

From my experience at the MVMCP, the CMs are very good at screening people in the park and they even have roving sweepers to make sure that non-ticketed people exit the park. Also, do not assume that if you buy tickets to the party that having them on your magic band will mean anything. You must get paper bracelets, at least as of last December.

(My family spent about 1.5 hours a the MVMCP trying to get the paper bracelets after the party started since we spent all day in MK and I didn't know about bracelet distribution inside the park until they were no longer available.)

Upvote 0

Cendure

Lat time we were at MVMCP, CMs were posted at entry points to the various lands, for example, on the bridge to Adventureland, CMs were posted on either side of the bridge and you had to show your wrist band in order to cross, same thing going from Adventureland to Frontierland, we were stopped by CMs who wanted to see our wrist bands. Anyone not wearing a wristband was directed back to Main Street toward the exit of the park. Also we noticed some washrooms were closed down, like the one by Space Mountain and people were directed to others close to Main Street, also CMs posted at doors to the shops and you had to show your wristband to get in. Also some shops, closed their doors and reopened after the party started. Wrist bands were checked at all attractions as well. Basically, they make it not worth your while to stay.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We have always been amazed at how efficently and discreetly the CM's get non wrist banded guests out of the park. I always have a smile on my face when I can walk through and show the wrist band and keep going to the next thing. Makes our family feel special, silly I know, but it is just an added perk of being at the most Magical place on Earth.

On our last trip I saw several unpaid guests get the boot after trying to sneak by. With a smirk on my face I thought... there, you got what you deserved, trying to get through without paying. I dont fell special as much as I feel good about having scrimped, saved and struggled to eventually afford an extra perk for me & my family. I worked hard for it and good for those eagle eyed CM's cutting the free loaders out of the crowd.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Was there last night for the first MNSSHP. Shortly before 8:00PM, there were still people who didn't have a ticket leaving the park, some not looking happy. And I noticed people in the Emporium without the wrist band purchasing items, so I guess they give some leeway. However, the wrist band is the same I had last year and no date, so what prevents you from carefully removing it to save for the next year? Go into the park before 7PM, enter a bathroom stall, pull last year's band out of your secret hiding place and put it on your wrist....

According to one of the CMs I spoke with after the fireworks, they only sold half of the available tickets for the first night. And since LE MBs seem to be the latest craze, there is one for MNSSHP. But only for those attending the party, limited to 2 per person and the cost is $29.95. There are 5,000 limited edition MBs for MNSSHP but I must have spoken to one of the few completely open CMs because he told me they won't sell all of them - they had Star Wars MBs left over (really?!! why didn't these go on the Disney store?!). I bought one each for me and my daughter, who also purchased a HM LE MB.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

They will do a pretty thorough sweep. Last party we went to, at one point there was a shoulder to shoulder line of CMs slowly progressing down Main Street. If you had no wrist band, they wouldn't let you past them. This was about 7:30/7:45, so I would imagine they had already swept the lands themselves.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Sometimes its not so discrete. You'll see CM's doing the walk of shame with guests without wristbands, what makes them stand out is that the CM's are carrying a ghost placard witha small light shining on it and the guests following like little ducks.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

In my experience, they really don't. Of course, you can't get on the rides or buy merchandise. However, you can do everything else...dance parties, candy, shows, parade, etc. I no longer attend after parties because of the poor process. They need to change it. Close the park at 6PM, one land open to those for the party, all others herded out. Once 7PM rolls around the rest of it reopens.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

In my experience, they really don't. Of course, you can't get on the rides or buy merchandise. However, you can do everything else...dance parties, candy, shows, parade, etc. I no longer attend after parties because of the poor process. They need to change it. Close the park at 6PM, one land open to those for the party, all others herded out. Once 7PM rolls around the rest of it reopens.

I have gone the last 4 years and every time I go I see them enforcing the wrist band rule. They do block the walkways and check for bands. I don't think I have seen non party guest trick or treating. They have always checked for bands when I go.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

They have also checked us every time for the last few years. At MVMCP, they actually closed the doors of the shops at 7, and you could only get in with a paper band. And if you happened to somehow be in there after 7, they wouldn't let you pay without a paper band.
It makes me angry that people try to cheat and stay when they haven't paid. They don't work any harder for their money than the rest of those who paid to stay. I say, "Throw the bums out." :D

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

We've gone for several years and they constantly check for the arm bands including walking up and down the parade route. I'm sure there are people who slip their view but they're constantly checking.

Upvote 0

raymusiccity

This may seem like a very strange question but how do disney police the parties? If we are in mk during the day how do they ensure that we are out and not able to watch the parade and fireworks?
Thanks

Not a strange question at all. There are always guests trying to scam the system....Such as where to park for 'free', what pools are easiest to sneak into, etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom