How do disney loop music on rides?

andys1113

Original Poster
Hi guys I don't know if any of you know how do rides such as spaceship earth loop music constantly and how is the audio triggered when going through the attractions

thanks

Tom

Beta Return
Today, everything is digital. Computers run everything, and play the looped music continuously, just like your own computer would if you set an mp3 to play over and over.

In rides like SSE, nothing is triggered, because the vehicles are constantly passing by the show scenes. Each scene's specific audio just loops.

As for the onboard audio, I don't know the specific method used on SSE, but there are sensors along the track that trigger the audio to play in each car.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Today, everything is digital. Computers run everything, and play the looped music continuously, just like your own computer would if you set an mp3 to play over and over.

In rides like SSE, nothing is triggered, because the vehicles are constantly passing by the show scenes. Each scene's specific audio just loops.

As for the onboard audio, I don't know the specific method used on SSE, but there are sensors along the track that trigger the audio to play in each car.

Sensors tell where they car is reporting back to a database room (In the instance of the Magic Kingdom there was a room that held all the sound effects on there own board (Power-Pc at a time if I am not mistake) which would relay back to the ride. I believe this is how it was achieved for a while, I don't know if that has changed in the modern years.

This could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from research on the subject and insides looks I have seen.

lazyboy97o

Sensors tell where they car is reporting back to a database room (In the instance of the Magic Kingdom there was a room that held all the sound effects on there own board (Power-Pc at a time if I am not mistake) which would relay back to the ride. I believe this is how it was achieved for a while, I don't know if that has changed in the modern years.

This could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from research on the subject and insides looks I have seen.
Yes, DACS has been done away with over time in favor of placing computers locally.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Yes, DACS has been done away with over time in favor of placing computers locally.

That's what I figured. I just wasn't sure when they made the switch. They are probably using the old server rooms under the Magic Kingdom are being used for MyMagic++

Tom

Beta Return
That's what I figured. I just wasn't sure when they made the switch. They are probably using the old server rooms under the Magic Kingdom are being used for MyMagic++

I think their MM+ servers are all over, including the data center in the north service area, and offsite. The former DACS room is still used for parade control and other park automation, audio delivery and so on...I believe.

andys1113

Original Poster
Hi Guys thanks for all the replies their very helpful, I just wanted to ask
do any of you have or know were I could get the scene loops for SSE such as the "Space Scene Loop" and safety spiels done by an unknown woman in the early version,

I have been looking for weeks web browsing but I cannot find any,every other attraction seems to have loops and safety spiels available apart from spaceship earth

Thanks

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
do any of you have or know were I could get the scene loops for SSE such as the "Space Scene Loop" and safety spiels done by an unknown woman in the early version,

I have been looking for weeks web browsing but I cannot find any,every other attraction seems to have loops and safety spiels available apart from spaceship earth

Thanks

If you can find YouTube clips, you can use web tools to rip the audio track to mp3.

disney4life2008

Its sort of like Spectromagic (I know its dead but I refuse to discuss the current travesty). In spectromagic there is the overture (I think that is what its called) that is played continuously (its the symphony track). But once the floats go back a sensor then the music for that float is played.

Clamman73

Thanks

Look up the Cronkite version which should have the quintessential SSE woman AT&T safety spiel at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom