How do bounce back offers work?

DimpledDevil18

So I am currently posting this from the monorail on the way from Epcot to Magic Kingdom. I'm about halfway through my first trip back to Disney in 8 years and I'm having a blast, but I'm also getting that really depressed feeling as I realize there is still going to be so much we just aren't going to be able to fit in. My Dad was talking to a gentleman on line for Peter Pan's Flight who mentioned getting a bounce back offer for free dining for next year. He was pretty enticing and pointed out that all it is would be a $200 deposit and we could cancel if we got home and realized we couldn't swing it. So now we are considering it. My question is how are bounce backs distributed? Are they offered to random guests? Does it depend on what resort you stay at? If you don't receive one are you SOL?

Tuvalu

So I am currently posting this from the monorail on the way from Epcot to Magic Kingdom. I'm about halfway through my first trip back to Disney in 8 years and I'm having a blast, but I'm also getting that really depressed feeling as I realize there is still going to be so much we just aren't going to be able to fit in. My Dad was talking to a gentleman on line for Peter Pan's Flight who mentioned getting a bounce back offer for free dining for next year. He was pretty enticing and pointed out that all it is would be a $200 deposit and we could cancel if we got home and realized we couldn't swing it. So now we are considering it. My question is how are bounce backs distributed? Are they offered to random guests? Does it depend on what resort you stay at? If you don't receive one are you SOL?
The offer should be in the information booklet in your room. If not, simply dial 8844 from your in room phone and you will be connected to the bounce back offer line. All current resort guests are eligible for a bounce back offer assuming one is available at the time of your stay.

Upvote 0

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I found the offer in our room after all. We will see. It's for free dining but the way it reads is you have to stay at a moderate or a deluxe which would be more money, so I'm not sure if we are going to do it :(

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thanks guys! I found the offer in our room after all. We will see. It's for free dining but the way it reads is you have to stay at a moderate or a deluxe which would be more money, so I'm not sure if we are going to do it :(

It may be available for Value too, even if it's not listed. Give them a call and ask. (Though it may only come with the Quick Service DDP)

-Rob

Upvote 0

belledream

Some value resorts are also included, but with the QS DDP which you can pay to "upgrade" to the TS DDP for a reduced amount that the normal cost is.

Upvote 0

BayLake

We just did the bounce back offer 2 weeks ago. We booked our upcoming stay for All Star Music with the Free Dining bounce back during July 4th week. This resorts free dining offer was for the Quick Service plan, but for a little more we upgraded to the Table Service plan.

Upvote 0

DisneyAubs

As others mentioned, value resorts should be included with a free QS dining plan, but you can pay to upgrade to the +dining plan. I would advise checking prices for moderates too though. By the time you pay o upgrade the QS dining plan, it is usually a very minimal increase in price to just stay at a moderate resort that already has the +dining plan included.

Upvote 0

carriebeth

on the current bounce back i read there was a certain number of days stated..maybe 6 nights 5 days....my question is this...can you make a longer stay than that with the bounceback or is it limited to that particular number of days

Upvote 0

Rob562

on the current bounce back i read there was a certain number of days stated..maybe 6 nights 5 days....my question is this...can you make a longer stay than that with the bounceback or is it limited to that particular number of days

As with pretty much all package offers from Disney, they'll publish one or two example packages as a "come on" so you can get an idea of price, but it can be for any length. (Down in the fine print it'll say "ask about other resorts and length of trip" or something like that)
Though typically there *will* be a minimum and maximum number if nights, as well as a minimum number of days on the tickets. (Typically there night minimum, 10 or 14 night maximum, with a minimum 2-day ticket)

-Rob

Upvote 0

21stamps

It depends on the individual bounce back offer being made at any given time. Lately they have been the dining offer.
That stinks. Although, I would have even taken free dining for our upcoming trip just to save something.lol Last year I saved over $1100 by taking the Room Only Discount, and then paying for the DDP myself.

How often do the offers change? Is it month by month, also, since we have two different stays 1 in November, 1 in December, a week apart, could I potentially book 2 bounce backs?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

That stinks. Although, I would have even taken free dining for our upcoming trip just to save something.lol Last year I saved over $1100 by taking the Room Only Discount, and then paying for the DDP myself.

How often do the offers change? Is it month by month, also, since we have two different stays 1 in November, 1 in December, a week apart, could I potentially book 2 bounce backs?
There are usually only two bounce back offers per year, one room only and one free dining. Free dining offer typically runs August - October for specific dates in the following year. Room only discounts for following year run November - December. In January - July, the bounce back is the same offer from Nov/Dec but for the current year.

To answer your second question, yes you could book a bounce back on your November trip and again on your December trip. If Disney sticks to their usual pattern, it would be a room only discount for 2017.

Upvote 0

21stamps

There are usually only two bounce back offers per year, one room only and one free dining. Free dining offer typically runs August - October for specific dates in the following year. Room only discounts for following year run November - December. In January - July, the bounce back is the same offer from Nov/Dec but for the current year.

To answer your second question, yes you could book a bounce back on your November trip and again on your December trip. If Disney sticks to their usual pattern, it would be a room only discount for 2017.
Thank you! Whew..this is the first good news I have read in awhile!!!!

Would I be able to book to book for October 2017, or is it a certain time frame?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Oh and please please tell me that Poly is not excluded!!! I'm hoping to fit in a quick trip early October next year so we can enjoy the pools, we won't be utilizing them during our winter trip.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Thank you! Whew..this is the first good news I have read in awhile!!!!

Would I be able to book to book for October 2017, or is it a certain time frame?
It is a certain time frame. October was not included in the offer for 2016. Neither was November. The only month without black out dates was August. The other months had certain week availability. Of course any holiday period was blacked out.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Oh and please please tell me that Poly is not excluded!!! I'm hoping to fit in a quick trip early October next year so we can enjoy the pools, we won't be utilizing them during our winter trip.
Poly is usually included but as I said above, October was blacked out this year and in prior years only the first few days of the month were included. Food and Wine really draws the crowds in October so no need to offer a bounce back during that time anymore.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Poly is usually included but as I said above, October was blacked out this year and in prior years only the first few days of the month were included. Food and Wine really draws the crowds in October so no need to offer a bounce back during that time anymore.
Ok. I'll look at my schedule before I go and try to have an idea if it's possible or not. We have 2 cruises booked within 6.5 months so I need some space after those, and a Disney trip definitely can not be in between, not for my budget anyway.
Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom