How did I do on Dining Reservations?

Mike_Gordon

Original Poster
We are staying on Disney Property in January 2018 for 8 days with kids ages 6 through 8. I tried to accomplish 3 things.

1. Have some meals that are kids focused (Food not top priority but expect good food also)
2. Have some meals with food quality as the most important
3. Avoid exotic foods as we are not adventurous.

We picked
1. Chef Mickeys (Character Dinner)
2. T-Rex (Dinner)
3. Ohana (Dinner)
4. Flying Fish Café (Dinner)
5. 1900 Park Ave (Character Breakfast)
6. The Boathouse (Dinner)
7. Le Cellier (Dinner)
8. Be Our Guest (Dinner)
9, Kona Café (Breakfast)
10. California Grill (Dinner during fireworks)

This covers an 8 day trip. I would have liked to add a nice Italian restaurant or possibly Japanese but then I'd have to bump one of the current picks.

Any notable omissions or recommended changes?

NeedMoreMickey

Where are you staying and will you have a car? Sometimes having to leave the park to go to a restaurant isn't always as easy as we thought when doing the planning. Getting kids ages 6-8 to leave the park to eat can be a challenge.

Mike_Gordon

Original Poster
No car. The plan was to be at rope drop and take advantage of early magic hours everyday. For those dinners planned outside of the park, we plan to stay at park till 2 or 3pm then head back to room and rest till dinner between (6 and 8). We are buying an 8 days pass so feel we can do a bunch of half days at the parks and still see everything.

danyoung56

What time is your California Grill dinner? The waitstaff are really good at adjusting your courses to allow you time to go out on the balcony to watch fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom