How busy is it..REALLY? Also, a small trip report

Chad

Original Poster
Hey, I went up to the world for a 3 day weekend get away, and I went expecting to see NO lines for anything...I was instead greeted by the normal cramped elbow to elbow foot traffic...I thought Disney was losing buisness? I also found out that Tiger Woods was playing that weekend, was that why it was so crowded?

Anyways, I am happy to report that, even though there are many closures, and hour shortenings, Service has still been very good up there. The grounds are still kept very clean, and everything was nicely kept, So even though things are disappearing, whats left is still good ol' fashion disney quality.

dopey

more locals will go to the parks on weekends in off-peak seasons.

i just got back late last night and i'd say attendance is down quite significantly. just about any theater show was about half full.

the longest wait time for any attraction was 30 minutes and that's only because they allow the fastpass folks to stream through and hold up the standby lines.

if disney wants to cut something, it should cut fastpass. there's no great need for it when attendance is light. for the guest, if the wait time is under 30 minutes, you waste more time getting a fastpass, going onto something else and then returning later to use the fastpass. for disney, it's wasted resources because they have to put personnel at the kiosks to help guests understand how the machines work.

markymark

Welcome back Dopey!

I agree with you about FP, when we were there earlier this month, we only used it for Test Track, there was only a 20 minute wait anyway! And for Kilimanjaro Safari at AK, again had about a 20 min wait.

modelbuilder

i have two young kids and my wife and i thought fast pass was the best thing to hit disney since thunder mountain. get a pass, go enjoy the area around the ride, get a snack, notice the details, etc and return to jump on the ride.

dopey

Originally posted by modelbuilder
i have two young kids and my wife and i thought fast pass was the best thing to hit disney since thunder mountain. get a pass, go enjoy the area around the ride, get a snack, notice the details, etc and return to jump on the ride.

it is. but you don't need it when the park is more than half empty.

Chernabog

I was in Epcot all day Thursday and went to MK to see the day parade. Epcot was really empty. We didn't have to wait for anything except Test Track and even then it was only about 20 minutes. Plus it was really easy to get great seating for Tapestry of Dreams and Illuminations. We had lunch at the Garden Grill in The Land and each of the characters visited us 5 TIMES because it was so empty there!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom