How big are the drops on Flight of passage?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Ill start by saying that the queue itself looks amazing. I turned off the video pretty quick just because it looked sooooo good and I did not want to spoil too much since we are visiting in a few weeks. I watched the Trackers video but skipped past FoP footage, but I did watch their review of it. It definitely felt like Tim wanted to say more but held his breath. I was really hoping they were going to be gushing over it, but they did not. They are usually fair and objective in their reviews. Nonetheless, it still seems to be a great ride and i look forward to it.

I think we all just want so much for this to be a mind blowing attraction, and perhaps certain parts of it are. There is just a part of me that wants Disney to take Uni down a peg and leave everybody in pure disbelief with their jaws on the floor.

dreamscometrue

I just had to creat and account and post as I went on Flight of Passage yesterday and it was just awesome! Best ride I've been on and I've been on a lot of rides.

Don't worry about drops as you never feel like you are dropping in the sense of "Tower of Terror" or a roller coaster. The ride is so smooth and amazing.

I do not like rides like the Simpson's Ride as I get motion sickness. I had zero motion sickness on this ride. They could not have done this ride any better! It was awesome.

The queue line is excellent as well. Nice job Disney!
Thanks for the review, and for joining just to post. :)
And, welcome to the boards!

Maddie Terwilliger

I have HUGE expectations for Flight of Passage. I believe it is going to have groundbreaking technology for sure. It was mentioned above that Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey is the most groundbreaking ride so far and I believe that to be 100% true as I have been on it and it is probably my favorite ride ever.

I am curious and excited to see Disney's "lash back" at Universal's new technology... With Flight of Passage's "bicycle-like" seats (which strangely remind me of the Tron ride seats at Shanghai Disney;)) I think this ride will be like no other!! Can't wait!:D

Tierod2k

I have HUGE expectations for Flight of Passage. I believe it is going to have groundbreaking technology for sure. It was mentioned above that Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey is the most groundbreaking ride so far and I believe that to be 100% true as I have been on it and it is probably my favorite ride ever.

I am curious and excited to see Disney's "lash back" at Universal's new technology... With Flight of Passage's "bicycle-like" seats (which strangely remind me of the Tron ride seats at Shanghai Disney;)) I think this ride will be like no other!! Can't wait!:D
You will not be let down! Fantastic ride!

ez7023

I just had to creat and account and post as I went on Flight of Passage yesterday and it was just awesome! Best ride I've been on and I've been on a lot of rides.

Don't worry about drops as you never feel like you are dropping in the sense of "Tower of Terror" or a roller coaster. The ride is so smooth and amazing.

I do not like rides like the Simpson's Ride as I get motion sickness. I had zero motion sickness on this ride. They could not have done this ride any better! It was awesome.

The queue line is excellent as well. Nice job Disney!

I saw in another forum that some people were turned down due to height and weight restrictions? Did you see anyone being turned down? Do you know what sizes may cause any restriction? Any advice would be helpful as I have a fast pass for opening day at 8 am.

DisneyJoe

I saw in another forum that some people were turned down due to height and weight restrictions? Did you see anyone being turned down? Do you know what sizes may cause any restriction? Any advice would be helpful as I have a fast pass for opening day at 8 am.
One vlogger commented that it wasn't due to girth, but due to the guests shins not fitting properly in the shin restraints.

ez7023

One vlogger commented that it wasn't due to girth, but due to the guests shins not fitting properly in the shin restraints.

Oh okay. I was just wondering because I am only 5'3", but my legs are relatively big and I didn't want to have any issues fitting my legs in the proper space.

RSoxNo1

A friend who is a double amputee (below the knee) did have to remove his prosthetic legs in order to fit into the restraints.

darthspielberg

One of my co-workers was unable to ride, and he is extremely tall. Another corworker who is both big and tall had issues, but was able to ride with some assistance from cast members. It appears they are more willing to help you ride than Universal is with the Harry Potter rides.

Movielover

One of my co-workers was unable to ride, and he is extremely tall. Another corworker who is both big and tall had issues, but was able to ride with some assistance from cast members. It appears they are more willing to help you ride than Universal is with the Harry Potter rides.

You know that you can request the 2nd load platform at Harry Potter, just ask the attendant out front and they send you to a second load platform where they bring in one car and you can take as much time as you need to load. Even though ultimately I was too bulky to ride it was extremely helpful to use, and I gave the ride attendant a guest compliment because he put 110% into trying to get the restraint to lock.

Michael Bender

We are going in mid June for my daughter's 5th birthday. She is tall enough and wants to ride, but I'm worried it would be too much all at once and she would freak out. Does anyone have experience with their little ones riding without issues?

tribbleorlfl

Big people who are large around in size may not be able to ride.
The issue with the ride vehicles as designed will not affect just overweight people, it will impact tall, healthy people and anyone with physical limitations all the same. Nice ignorant assumption, though.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The issue with the ride vehicles as designed will not affect just overweight people, it will impact tall, healthy people and anyone with physical limitations all the same. Nice ignorant assumption, though.

I don't think what the person said was ignorant. I have some extra pounds and it's good to know ahead of time if there's some possible issues with larger riders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom