How bad is the Wilderness Lodge construction?

Seeshark

Anyone have a sense of where they'll be with construction around the WL villas in March? Requesting a southern view, but thinking by March maybe things will be far enough along that a northern view won't be overlooking a dust bowl.

stitch1donald2

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Anyone have a sense of where they'll be with construction around the WL villas in March? Requesting a southern view, but thinking by March maybe things will be far enough along that a northern view won't be overlooking a dust bowl.
Hi
We were just there first full week of December and had room 4011, which was facing the pool...high enough for nice view and not too low for pool noise and a little further away from lobby, but quieter because of it. The opposite wing near the DVC was all closed for construction, but didn't bother us at all. There was construction at a small area on the grounds further to the right of us but really didnt notice it as they seemed to just work while we were in parks...if familiar with resort, as head down ramp/hallway to go to quick service restaurant, just before take the left at bottom of ramp, they are working on that area outside the doors that lead outside there...looks like work on a walkway and landscaping outside that courtyard access. There was work on the villas to left of our wing when facing lake, but as we were facing pool, wouldn't have even noticed except for on boat ride from hotel to park and vice versa. Had a great stay, boat service a bit slow but was a busy time of year...hope this helps and you enjoy your stay as much as we did...heads up, walls a little thin, though, so hope you have quiet neighbors. :0)

stitch1donald2

View attachment 184117 View attachment 184119
Hi
We were just there first full week of December and had room 4011, which was facing the pool...high enough for nice view and not too low for pool noise and a little further away from lobby, but quieter because of it. The opposite wing near the DVC was all closed for construction, but didn't bother us at all. There was construction at a small area on the grounds further to the right of us but really didnt notice it as they seemed to just work while we were in parks...if familiar with resort, as head down ramp/hallway to go to quick service restaurant, just before take the left at bottom of ramp, they are working on that area outside the doors that lead outside there...looks like work on a walkway and landscaping outside that courtyard access. There was work on the villas to left of our wing when facing lake, but as we were facing pool, wouldn't have even noticed except for on boat ride from hotel to park and vice versa. Had a great stay, boat service a bit slow but was a busy time of year...hope this helps and you enjoy your stay as much as we did...heads up, walls a little thin, though, so hope you have quiet neighbors. :0)

Seeshark

Thanks for the update! Nice view. My big concern is not so much the construction noise (noisy neighbors would stink) but the view out over the construction area between the villas and the lake. Last photos I saw were pretty ugly, but that was early December and now I see the new QS restaurant will be open, so I just wonder if my worries are largely unfounded. My trip is still two months away after all...

21stamps

Thanks for the update! Nice view. My big concern is not so much the construction noise (noisy neighbors would stink) but the view out over the construction area between the villas and the lake. Last photos I saw were pretty ugly, but that was early December and now I see the new QS restaurant will be open, so I just wonder if my worries are largely unfounded. My trip is still two months away after all...

I would ask in the DVC thread if you're staying in the villas. Completely different view.
Are rooms facing the construction open?

Here 2 photos that I took from the water.
IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6579.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom