How bad is the Wilderness Lodge construction?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've been to both several times and love them both. We were at AKL more recently so we'd go with WL if not for the construction, but I think we'll stick with AKL.

I just booked a studio in Kidani, first time at AKL. Any advice on room preferences? Going next January, it's a savanna view. Really excited about the resort. I can now say I've stayed at every DVC resort on property.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I just booked a studio in Kidani, first time at AKL. Any advice on room preferences? Going next January, it's a savanna view. Really excited about the resort. I can now say I've stayed at every DVC resort on property.
I personally advise against studios at Kidani. Kidani doesn't offer a QS dining location, which can leave you in a pinch without the kitchen you'd get in a one bedroom villa.

Foltzy

We stayed in 5008 this weekend. I don't like that they took the trees out, the WL always felt secluded, not so much anymore. The upside is, we could see Wishes just fine from our balcony.

We were one floor below you this past week in 4008! Also, I agree that the view for wishes is spectacular. Only thing is some that are launched above the castle are hard to see

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I personally advise against studios at Kidani. Kidani doesn't offer a QS dining location, which can leave you in a pinch without the kitchen you'd get in a one bedroom villa.

I drive, so I usually bring breakfast stuff with me - cereal, juice, milk, bananas, tea, etc. - along with some snacks. All fits in the larger frig. I will eat lunch & dinner in parks/resort/DS. A hot dog from Casey's, while not the healthiest meal, is fine for me. I usually don't visit the QS spot at the resort we are staying at. Not having a QS will mean no late night Mickey ice creams... good since I'll be in training for the Glass Slipper the following month.

We have returned from our trip and have lots of content-live videos,pics,construction updates,etc. if you haven't been following check out our Facebook page with more to come.

danheaton

I'm looking to book a trip for the week of March 17-24, and I'm thinking either AKL or the WL. We stayed at AKL in a standard room last January and had a great time. The only downside was the distance in getting to the MK. My concern with the WL is the construction (and the small food court). Will any of it be done by March 2017? Also, how does the food court compare to the Mara (which we loved)? The price between the two rooms is very similar for the two resorts.

DisneyPrincess5

I'm looking to book a trip for the week of March 17-24, and I'm thinking either AKL or the WL. We stayed at AKL in a standard room last January and had a great time. The only downside was the distance in getting to the MK. My concern with the WL is the construction (and the small food court). Will any of it be done by March 2017? Also, how does the food court compare to the Mara (which we loved)? The price between the two rooms is very similar for the two resorts.
I can't speak to construction dates, but I can speak regarding the food courts.
Roaring Fork is an awesome spot. It has really great options-lots of variety, fresh, healthy, treats, friendly staff, etc. I remember it being similar to Mara in those ways. The difference I remember is the size. The seating area and ordering area at Mara are larger and more spacious than Roaring Fork for sure however.

21stamps

This letter was a little concerning, but it was the only resort available for our dates.
IMG_4845.JPG

DVC Mike

None of this is in plain site though, correct?

If you stay in the North Wing looking north, you will see and possibly hear the north side cabins being constructed. If you stay in the North Wing with a pool view, you shouldn't see or hear anything. People staying in the DVC villas on the lake side will see and hear the loudest construction.

21stamps

If you stay in the North Wing looking north, you will see and possibly hear the north side cabins being constructed. If you stay in the North Wing with a pool view, you shouldn't see or hear anything. People staying in the DVC villas on the lake side will see and hear the loudest construction.
We have a "courtyard view bunk bed". Have no clue where we'll be, but I'm thinking that we shouldn't face any construction.

21stamps

At the Wilderness Lodge, any rooms facing the center of the resort (where the pool is located) are considered a Courtyard View.
Ok thanks! I'm excited.. I have never been on WL property before. Even with construction I think it will be beautiful!

ekutchey

You'll be fine with a courtyard view, you will hardly see the construction from those room views. WL is fabulous always but especially with the construction because it is less crowded.

AndrewsJ

I drive, so I usually bring breakfast stuff with me - cereal, juice, milk, bananas, tea, etc. - along with some snacks. All fits in the larger frig. I will eat lunch & dinner in parks/resort/DS. A hot dog from Casey's, while not the healthiest meal, is fine for me. I usually don't visit the QS spot at the resort we are staying at. Not having a QS will mean no late night Mickey ice creams... good since I'll be in training for the Glass Slipper the following month.
Mickey Ice Cream Bars are sold in the Kidani gift shop along with other grocery items. I'm with you on the lack of resort quick service. I've never been in any of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom