Houston to Orlando

GO REBS

I just found out Frontier airlines will start service 12/19/15. Just in time for Christmas. The round trip was cheaper than Southwest and United.

GO REBS

Original Poster
And the seats are tight, they are rarely on time, and have the smallest seat back tray I have ever seen. I'll stick with United.

I usually fly United. With Frontier I got extended room seats and checked bags for 4 at 1325$ during Christmas week. United was 2200$ with no checked bags.

Upvote 0

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just found out Frontier airlines will start service 12/19/15. Just in time for Christmas. The round trip was cheaper than Southwest and United.

Friends don't let friends fly Frontier... I would not wish Frontier on my worst enemy. Usually late, cancel flights at the drop of a hat. If you want to actually GET to your destination fly someone else.

Upvote 0

JourneysEnd

Southwest is about 1600 with 2 free checked bags PER-PERSON and nonstop from HOU-MCO
?? I've never paid more than $400 round trip with Southwest HOU to MCO. We go once a year. Just checked, most expensive round trip ticket is around $800, Get away fares are running $400 with non-stop flights. Did you mean $1600 for two people? Fly get away fares. Same seat as everybody else.

Upvote 0

tor29c

I have to say my experience with Frontier has been completely different from the other posters. Always left on time, no problems with luggage, and the seats didn't seem that different to me. Safe travels and have a great time!

Upvote 0

JourneysEnd

I have to say my experience with Frontier has been completely different from the other posters. Always left on time, no problems with luggage, and the seats didn't seem that different to me. Safe travels and have a great time!
Good to know. I like Southwest, but it's good to have a backup.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Frontier is pretty terrible, had miss 1 day of work because the plane "broke" and they had no back-ups. didn't take off for another 12 hours but to each their own. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

DfromATX

?? I've never paid more than $400 round trip with Southwest HOU to MCO. We go once a year. Just checked, most expensive round trip ticket is around $800, Get away fares are running $400 with non-stop flights. Did you mean $1600 for two people? Fly get away fares. Same seat as everybody else.

Same here - we fly Southwest from Austin, always under $400 pp. In fact, if I remember correctly, I wanna say anywhere from $250-$325 - pretty cheap! When we're ready to book, we play around with the airfare and check different days of the week. We don't always get to sit together, but we don't care.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

That's usually the top of their pricing. If you watch their fare sales...you can usually get HOU to MCO in the $250-280 range per person. I still get angry that it's typically cheaper to fly from Dallas or Austin for less (sometimes $100pp less)...often with a stop in Houston. I know we're considered the most expensive major city for air, but the mark up is insane!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom